Notable Labs is looking for experts in high-throughput flow cytometry analysis to join its growing team of remote data analysts. We're building a translational drug discovery platform to identify treatment options for relapsed and refractory cancer patients.
Special consideration will be given to applicants that have experience with large staining panels and patient-derived samples such as bone marrow. Previous work in microtiter plates in a high-throughput drug discovery environment and experience with more than 10 colors is a plus. Most candidates will have a Masters or Ph.D. in cell biology, stem cell biology, immunology, or another field that supports cancer research. However, we’re willing to consider anyone with a substantial (5+ years) flow cytometry background that has specifically worked with hematological malignancies.
Successful candidates will understand how to batch analyze large numbers of .fcs files in FlowJo—mastery of FlowJo is a must—you will work with many of its advanced features: templates, layouts, group logic, keywords and large compensation matrices.
What You’ll Do:
- Your careful analysis will drive important decisions in clinical recommendations and drug discovery programs. Because of this, you should be comfortable (and enjoy) analyzing a large number of flow plots.
- We’ll provide tools and aids that help you validate the quality and conclusions drawn from the data, but there’s no replacement for your attention to detail. This is a great role for individuals that like to concentrate on the data.
- This is a remote contracting position that, after an introductory period, offers substantial schedule flexibility as long as deadlines are met.
- The total time commitment will vary, but could be as high as 10 hours per week. Analysis assignments may arrive over the weekend, occasionally requiring weekend work.
Who You Are:
- A scientist with a strong background in high throughput flow cytometry analysis (384-well plate format)
- Advanced knowledge (5+ years) of FlowJo software (templates, layouts, group logic, keywords)
- Can manually adjust compensation across 9 channels
- Attention to detail and a passion for data
- Tech-savvy. Our team communicates using the latest collaboration tools so you must be comfortable with Slack, Zoom Meetings, Evernote, and Dropbox.
Nice to Have:
- In-depth knowledge of hematopoietic malignancies (e.g. Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndromes, Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Multiple Myeloma)
More About Us:
Notable Labs is a precision medicine company with a translational drug discovery platform that identifies therapeutic options for relapsed and refractory cancer patients.
Our clinical research lab helps oncologists identify personalized combinations of existing FDA-approved treatments for patients. We’ve developed a high-throughput robotic flow cytometry lab platform that screens thousands of FDA-approved drug combinations against a patient’s own cancer cells to predict safer, more effective cancer treatments. Our lab completed initial feasibility studies with clinicians in relapsed Acute Myeloid Leukemia & Myelodysplastic Syndrome, with an 84% predictive rate. Focusing on individual patients and existing treatments, we’re working to discover novel uses of drugs and defining mechanisms underlying cancer progression and drug resistance.
Our research and development platform extends our clinical research to drug discovery, testing novel compounds with primary patient samples for pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies. Using our automated, high-throughput, multi-parametric drug screening research platform, industry partners can assay the biological impact of novel compounds on primary cells in a physiologically relevant environment. This helps our partners stratify patients by their predicted responsiveness, increasing the probability of successful clinical development. We are actively partnering with pharmaceutical companies that have preclinical and clinical stage drug pipelines in Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Myelodysplastic Syndrome, or related hematological malignancies to profile experimental drug activity in patient samples.
Our investors include Builders Venture Capital, Founders Fund, First Round Capital, Y Combinator, several prominent angels and seed-stage funds, and Accelerate Brain Cancer Cure, a venture philanthropy firm founded by Steve Case. We have offices and a laboratory in Foster City, California.
At Notable Labs we value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.