Notable’s mission is to enrich every patient interaction through modern digital experiences and intelligent automation. Our team is pioneering advances in AI, RPA, and natural language processing to automate administrative tasks that currently cost the US healthcare system over $1T per year. Leading healthcare organizations like CommonSpirit Health and Blue Shield of CA rely on our platform to provide virtual care at scale, help doctors see more patients, and improve patient outcomes.
We look for smart people who can implement well crafted solutions to complex problems in a fast paced environment, who can help us attract more smart people, and who are intrinsically motivated to take ownership of their work. We don't expect you to have experience with our stack (Google Cloud Platform, Postgres, Kubernetes, NodeJS+Typescript, Python, React, and Swift), but we do look for demonstrated mastery of your chosen development stack and a desire to learn new technologies.
Our interview process is meant to be representative of the kinds of work we will do together day-to-day and week-to-week. You’ll start with an intro call to learn more about Notable and the team, followed by a remote two-hour take home exercise where you will be asked to work on a problem similar to ones we work on a daily basis and then email it back, then an onsite with multiple one-on-one sessions and lunch with the team.
As a Backend Software Engineer at Notable, you'll work on data pipelines to develop a structured representation of all relevant health data, integrations with external systems to deliver that data to stakeholders, and work closely with our data science team to implement ML and NLP algorithms to support further scaling and automation of the Notable platform. You'll own features end-to-end, from conception to shipped to production, and have substantial impact on the future direction and success of the company.
- Excellent problem solving, coding, and debugging skills
- Deep understanding of modern web application development
- Solve complex problems by breaking them up into simpler discrete problems and implement them across multiple services
- Experience writing maintainable, well tested, reliable code
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where you learn quickly
- Understanding of system architecture and database design
- Working closely with our data science team to deploy ML & NLP algorithms to production
- Work from our San Mateo, CA office