How do we better understand each other, and the world around us? That’s the question at the core of Nota. We’re a multimedia company using intelligent technology to improve storytelling and reduce friction between perspectives.
Nota is a company on a mission to empower journalists and creators to do their important work more efficiently and effectively. Our team is dedicated to developing innovative AI enabled technologies that can help our customers achieve their goals and make a positive impact on the world.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our tight-knit team of passionate problem solvers at Nota. While this position may lean toward front or backend development based on individual experience, expertise in full-stack development is critical as workload will include involvement in all aspects of the stack.
- Location: Remote
- Status: Full Time
- Hours: Can commit to hours around the 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. MST time frame, Monday through Friday
- Eligible to work in the United States
- 5+ years experience writing and delivering reusable, elegant, and clean code in Node.js or equivalent backend technologies (Python, Laravel, C#, etc.) and/or React.js or equivalent frontend technologies (Angular.js, Vue.js, etc.)
- 3+ years experience developing, consuming, and/or maintaining highly available and scalable backend systems exposed through RESTful and/or GraphQL-based APIs
- Expertise with cloud-based providers such as AWS, GCP, or Azure and delivering applications through devops and developing a fully integrated CI/CD environment
- Expertise with both relational and object-oriented database systems (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Expertise with testing frameworks such as Jest and delivering high quality, tested code
- Experience deploying to cloud-based systems such as AWS, Azure, or Vercel.
- Ability to distill complex requirements into well-architected, scalable, and maintainable solutions
- Ability to learn on-the-fly in a fast-paced environment, take and give direction, and implement creative solutions through collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong attention to detail
- Own development tasks with a focus on quality, well-architected, and scalable code
- Extend, refinine, and scale systems and applications built primarily in TypeScript with Node.js, and React.js
- Providing architectural guidance and developing applications as needed to support new product features
- Work collaboratively with teammates and stakeholders to deliver high quality, functional solutions
- Provide timely feedback and approval on all code reviews
- Assist in full-stack development as needed by the business
- Work with stakeholders to vet feature requirements, provide time estimates, and convert into functional software
- Actively participate and engage in the company and provide your own indelible mark
We’re doing hard stuff, and we need talented people to make this happen. Specifically, we’re in need of “blank page” builders- blue sky thinkers. We have the vision and the market and features we need to start with for MVP, but need design to bring it all together. That’s where you come in—-