What you'll be doing...
Are you someone who thrives on building strong professional relationships and is effective at managing details? Would you enjoy having accountability for your own group of clients, ensuring they receive exceptional service every day from a client centric TPA? Do you enjoy interacting with others? Do you want to be the expert and leader? If so, becoming an Account Executive (AE) at NWA may be the role for you.
At NWA, AEs are given the tools and support to do their job effectively. Our AEs maintain a modest number of client relationships thereby allowing our AEs to deliver high-touch service while fostering a healthy work/life balance. A successful candidate for an AE role is responsible for the following:
- Serving as the direct administrative contact for trustees, professional staff, government or regulatory agencies, contracted entities, labor union officials and employer representatives.
- Coordinating all trust board and committee meetings.
- Acting on behalf of the trustees, and at their directive, communicating with NWA Department Managers regarding any requirements or changes to the trust policies, procedures, benefit programs, or any other business practice.
- Assisting with or develop all SMMs, SPDs and SBCs related to assigned trusts, working with Trust Consultant, Trust Legal, Trust Auditor and service providers.
- Providing oversight and authorization on all client mailing projects.
- Working with all NWA operational departments who provide services to the Trust Funds to ensure service levels are consistently met.
- Overseeing the trust financial reporting and financial status of assigned clients, including investments and review and approval of all client-related invoices.
- Interfacing with the Trust Auditor on all annual financial audits, claims audits and other special audits.
- Overseeing compliance matters which include government and regulatory filings and required distributions to participants to ensure that all regulatory requirements are met.
- Interfacing with the professional staff providing employer payroll audits of the clients’ contributing employers.
- Maintaining and ongoing review of all official trust policies and documents.
- Acting as the primary interface for any external audits or reviews on behalf of the trust, to include IRS, DOL, CMS or other regulatory audits or reviews.
- Interfacing with the Appeals Specialist handling benefit appeals and attend all benefit appeal meetings, review appeal minutes and decisions on appeals.
Who you are...
- Educated. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of industry-related experience, training or certification
- Communicator. Demonstrated outstanding verbal, written and professional interpersonal communication skills
- Experienced. A minimum of five years successful experience with a TPA, insurance carrier, etc. in a health and/or pension related operations or client relations role is required. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships with clients, external stakeholders, internal stakeholders, etc. is required. An understanding of ERISA and Taft-Hartley Trust operations, with an emphasis on defined-benefit pension plan administration experience is preferred.
- Organized. Strong organizational skills and the ability to utilize time management to work under pressure and within deadlines
- Technically Savvy. Aptitude for understanding and using current technology including proprietary software and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledgeable. Defined benefit and defined contribution multi-employer pension plan administration, claims/estimate processing, year-end actuarial and regulatory compliance procedures preferred
Who we are...
Northwest Administrators, Inc. is an industry leader in third-party administration of employee benefits. We administer one of the largest multi-employer pension plans in the country, along with numerous large health and welfare plans. As part of our team, you will benefit from many training and development opportunities and can expect a better-than-market benefits package.
If hired, you can expect...
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Rx
- Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
- 401k with company contribution & match
- Work-Life Balance
- Flexible Work Schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of NWA to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. NWA prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.