***This job requires active TS/SCI clearance. Please apply only if you have an active TS/SCI clearance. ***
North Point Technology is seeking a Database Engineer with AWS RDS experience. The qualified candidate must have an active Top Secret security clearance, and will work hand-in-hand with technical and program management leadership to help design and implement the next generation desktop and web based production and dissemination system. This position will require experience across multiple System Engineering domains with a focus on standing up and maintaining cloud environments, and the deployment of custom code, COTS, and GOTS to those environments with a Geospatial focus.
Primary responsibilities will involve sustainment and management of multiple mission operational geodatabases of cloud-base systems; responding to DB Incident Reports (e.g. DB locks); performing DB checks; running DB queries; performing routing DB checks; analyzing future DB needs; and working with users to implement data standards by creating and updating the data dictionary and automated data validation functions.
- TS/SCI Clearance w/ CI Poly (or ability to pass CI Poly upon hire)
- DOD 8570 Certification (Security+ or equivalent or higher)
- BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience in AWS/Cloud technologies
- Extensive hands-on experience in all DBA tasks such as user management, backup and recovery, snapshot creation and deletion.
- Experience in RDS and SQL Technology
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and ability to function without direct oversight
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification
- Experience with IC Cloud Architecture implementation methodologies
- Experience with collaboration tools and administration (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)