***This job requires active TS and ability to obtain SCI post hire. Please apply only if you have an active TS clearance***
North Point Technology is seeking a TS/SCI Cleared Configuration Manager to join a high performing agile team that uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to support a nationally significant and fast-paced program. Program execution follows DEVOPS best practices and employs robust development, test, and production environments. Test Driven Development (TDD) and test automation tools are utilized alongside a full suite of team collaboration tools. The program is focused on injecting new technology and adding advanced capabilities in support of an on-going operational system.
The selected individual will be responsible for providing technical support for a Configuration Management (CM) system through tools integration and tools administration. The ideal candidate will have recent, comprehensive experience in developing complex technical solutions and integrating tools for system CM following configuration management best practices. He/she must possess high energy, have a passion for CM, and be self-motivated. The environment demands the ability to quickly establish solid working relationships with coworkers and customers to effectively integrate into a complex technical program with many moving parts.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer a complex configuration management system that includes tools such as IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM), Jenkins, Git, Maven, and/or Eclipse
- Define and implement processes, policies, and procedures to maintain proper version control of hardware and software products
- Provide support to project teams in configuring and baselining hardware and software products
- Use CM tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Maintain and develop the CM environment for software product build, staging, testing, and integration
- Create software product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Recommend and integrate automated CM toolsImplement change control processes
- Participate in development and administration of CM tool training sessions
- Design, code, test, run, and deliver reports, as required
- Develop, collect, and report metrics to measure internal performance, as required
- Identify and report non-compliance situations
- Facilitate and perform CM audits of controlled configuration items, as required
- Review and recommend improvements to existing CM processes
- Provide support for program governance boards, such as the Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Engineering Review Board (ERB)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline and at least 8 years of related experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Experience in software configuration management and configuration management tools
- Experience developing innovative approaches and solutions to COTS tool integration efforts
- Experience in a CM, Quality Assurance, Change Management, and/or Audit role, particularly on a large system
- Experience developing and maintaining installation procedures and documenting standard configuration settings for hardware and software systems
- Experience tracking software, hardware, and configuration status for software development systems, test environments, and operational sites
- Ability to multi-task, complete tasks without direct supervision, and function effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work and communicate with and adapt to personnel at all levels and technical disciplines (software developers, test engineers, system engineers, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, & Project)
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with team collaboration tools (Confluence, SharePoint, OneNote, etc.)
- Experience with software configuration management tools such as Jenkins, Git, Maven, Eclipse, etc.
- Understanding of configuration management best practices
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Must possess excellent verbal and written skills
- Must have an active TS/SCI to be considered for this role.
- Experience working on an Agile/SAFe program and team
- Extensive experience with large, geographically diverse programs/systems
North Point Technology is THE BEST place to work for curious-minded engineers motivated to support our country’s most crucial missions! We focus on long term projects, leveraging the latest technology in support of innovative solutions to solve our customer’s most difficult problems.
At North Point Technology, EMPLOYEES come first! We value our employees by providing excellent compensation, benefits, and a flexible work-life balance. We strive for a close-knit and open atmosphere where the owners are always directly available to our team members.
Come join us! Apply with North Point Technology today!