We’re the banking app that believes in small businesses.
Our company is looking for high performing builders to join our growing team as we enter our next phase of expansion 🚀. We are a San Francisco, New York, Portland, Toronto and remote-friendly based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered. We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world (Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures and more) and are growing fast.
We eliminate the pain that small business owners face through financial management and banking. Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst small businesses, and we are on a mission to solve these problems. We’ve created a mobile, tech-powered account built specifically for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that acts as a world-class Finance Department that most small businesses could never afford. Small businesses are the bedrock of every community and the economy, and you’ll be their champion. Ready to start?
We ❤️ technology. Thoughtful and rigorous product development makes us giddy. That’s why when it comes to software development, everybody plays in the orchestra. We’ve got a fast moving team of engineers led by our Head of Engineering who’s spent over a decade building technology at both Fortune 500 companies and startups. You’ll also benefit from our incredible advisors and experienced management team, who have helped create and scale companies like Square, McKinsey, Google, Frank and Oak, Strava, Instacart, Prodigy, Oportun, eBay and more.
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you’ll partner closely with our growth, product and data teams to enable and scale NorthOne’s top-of-funnel growth capabilities. You'll be building out and developing the growth tech stack to meet evolving requirements of user acquisition, partnerships, SEO, data, and product.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Launching new acquisition channels and scaling existing ones, such as client referrals and partnership programs.
- Collaborating with Growth Marketing, Product Growth, and Data teams to create strategy and roadmaps for growth engineering.
- Improving and scaling the growth development lifecycle - including planning, implementation, documentation, deployment, and monitoring.
- Growing into the de facto owner of our technical implementations of digital marketing and growth tech stack.
Today you might be a Software Developer, Full Stack Developer, Growth Infrastructure Developer or the equivalent in your company… or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic of our Frontend Software Engineer, is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that with a growth mindset and great teamwork, you can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role -
- You have at least 2 years experience with Front End web development (HTML, JS, React, CSS)
- You have experience building and maintaining a growth tech stack and have familiarity with at least some of the following:
- Customer Data Platform: Segment, LiveRamp, mParticle
- Web Attribution: utm_parameter tracking best practices, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics
- Marketing Measurement Partner: Adjust, Appsflyer, Kochava
- Google/Facebook Advertising Tech: Pixels, SDKs, setting up conversion events
- Marketing Engagement and Communications tools: Braze, Branch
- You enjoy experimentation and working quickly, using data to make decisions, and iterating to continuously improve.
- You’re a communicator and collaborator who can connect the dots between departments and stakeholders, most specifically growth marketing teams.
- You have experience working on an Agile scrum team with Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, etc).
Bonus points -
- You have experience building out products at scale in a SaaS, Payments, or FinTech environment.
- You know how to implement and manage A/B testing software (Optimizely, etc.).
- You have working knowledge of React Native mobile development and technical SEO.
- You’re familiar with Wordpress development.
Our Tech Stack 💻
- Client-side: TypeScript, ReactJS, React Native, CSS, HTML5
- Server-side: TypeScript (node), Lambda, DynamoDB, SQS, Kinesis, ElasticSearch, Redshift, other AWS serverless tools
- Tools: Slack, Bitbucket, AWS, CircleCI, Kibana, Jira, Serverless framework, Terraform, Sentry
- Integrations: Intercom, Segment, Mandrill, Stripe, Twilio
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a tight-knit team supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. We believe that a broad array of lived experiences and backgrounds are essential for creating the best possible product and company culture.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote and in person get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- Remote-friendly environment: Flexibility to work from home, office, or both! We support our teammates wherever they prefer to work.
- One hell of an adventure!
Few people have been trained for this sort of role and research shows that women and people from underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they haven’t satisfied every requirement. If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.