We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Customer Experience Associate to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. We are a remote-friendly, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered. We are backed by some of the best VCs in the world (Battery, Redpoint, Tom Williams and more) and are growing fast.
Our company’s purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? How can you help them? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, especially among the marginalized and less fortunate, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform – we are the world-class Finance Department that most small businesses could never afford.
We ❤ amazing customer care. Our Head Of Customer Care helped build out Customer Care at both Unata and Instacart. You’ll also benefit from our experienced management team, who have already created and exited startups and come from leadership roles at brands like Square, McKinsey, Google, Frank and Oak, Strava, Instacart, Prodigy, Oportun, eBay and more.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
Please note: NorthOne’s support desk coverage window is seven days a week, 8AM-10PM EST. This role will be covering evenings and/or weekend shifts. We’ll work with you to find a coverage window that best suits your needs, and the needs of our customers.
During your scheduled shift, you’ll be:
- Managing customer conversations across our various customer support channels (in-app chat and outbound phones) to help our customers get the most out of our product.
- Acting as the initial point of contact for any customer support-related issues.
- Sharing customer product feedback with your team lead, to ensure we’re incorporating this feedback into our product roadmap.
Today you might be a Customer Service Representative, Customer Support Agent, Customer Care Agent, Customer Success Specialist or the equivalent in your company… or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind. The most important characteristic of our Customer Experience Associate is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to go the extra mile and delight the customer.
The skills required for this role:
- You’re a natural communicator and you love diagnosing and solving problems.
- You’re curious and enjoy learning how a product works so you can help your customers get the most out of it.
- You live and breathe customer care and understand how to measure the impact of great customer experiences.
- You have a track record of delighting customers in a Support/Success/Care role.
- You are team oriented and going above and beyond to help out your peers is part of who you are.
- You’re multilingual (Spanish preferred)
- You’ve worked at a fast growth startup
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset
- You geek out over technology and/or FinTech
If you are this close to what we’ve described, but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, and we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Customer Experience Associate, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a tight-knit team supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Learning and Development: We have a learning culture and provide opportunities for our Customer Experience Associates to invest in their professional development, whether it’s perfecting their craft or learning about other areas of the business.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. We believe that a broad array of lived experiences and backgrounds are essential for creating the best possible product and company culture.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Compensation: $20 hourly wage.
- Top-tier health benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health, dental, vision, and mental health coverage for all Customer Experience Associates that have been with NorthOne for 3 months.
- Scheduled working hours: Our customers are the backbone of the American economy. They put everything into running their business, and we’re there to support them seven days a week, from 8AM-10PM EST. This role will cover evenings and weekend shifts, so that our customers can rest assured we’ve always got their back.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.