We make small businesses more successful through better banking
Our company is looking for a VP of Product to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a San Francisco, New York, Portland, and Toronto-based, remote-friendly, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
We eliminate the pain that small business owners face through their financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? What would you keep? These are the decisions we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs can’t afford.
We ❤ Product. As VP of Product, you’ll lead our world-class Product, Design, and UX teams. You’ll benefit from incredible advisors and our experienced management team, who have helped create and scale companies like Square, McKinsey & Company, Google, Chime, Oportun, PayPal, Strava, Instacart, Prodigy and more.
Today you might be a Head of Product, Director of Product, VP Product, CPO or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
The most important characteristic for our VP of Product is your attitude. We want you because you see opportunities to be at your best, not roadblocks. You know that with a growth mindset and great teamwork, you can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role:
- A consistent track record of delivering profitable products that delight in rapidly-growing technology companies.
- Experience building and leading product teams, including managing and developing people.
- Experience driving product strategy, road-mapping, and execution across the organization.
- Deep focus on customer needs.
- A product approach that balances bold, high-upside bets with quick wins.
- Ownership mentality of what we build to how we market. Accountability for driving business impact, in a data-informed, experiment-driven product culture, ideally in SMB or Consumer Growth.
- Ability to juggle dozens of projects, big and small, while driving relentless product execution.
- Excellent executive presence and welcoming of a deep level of engagement from the leadership team, including the CEO, COO, Head of Engineering, Head of Compliance, etc.
- Ability to adjust direction rapidly, learning what levers are most effective.
- You are a true people-person who wants to collaborate with and work for you.
- You’ve been part of a high-growth startup that’s gone through a VC-backed capital raise or a top accelerator.
- You’ve worked in the trenches as an early member of a fast growing, product-driven startup.
- You have a track record of developing product leaders on your team.
- You love all things FinTech and financial services.
Few people have been trained for this sort of role. If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As VP of Product, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation/equity, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.