We make small businesses more successful through better banking
Our company is looking for a Quality Assurance Manager to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a San Francisco, New York and Toronto-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
Our company’s purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through their financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? What would you keep? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤️ Quality Assurance. As a Quality Assurance Manager, you’ll contribute to the NorthOne strategy by validating our applications meet design specifications and requirements. You’ll coach and develop the team, own and define QA processes, and ensure operational metrics for the group.
We’re building a product that solves real pain vs the imagined kind. Small businesses are the bedrock of every community and of the American economy. Their storytelling potential is endless, they have been underserved by banking and fintech for far too long, and you’ll be their champion. Ready to start?
Today you might be a Quality Assurance Lead, Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Software Manager or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage a growing team of experienced manual and automated test engineers.
- Attract and hire key talent. Strong ability to build a team; attracting, hiring, retaining, motivating the best QA engineers.
- Promote continuous professional development and career trajectories within your team. Cultivate team members’ growth through feedback, coaching and career development.
- Develop creative strategies for achieving high quality on complex and challenging assignments.
- Establish strong partnerships and champion quality throughout a cross-functional organization.
- Manage and communicate expectations based on historical performance metrics, quantitative and qualitative quality metrics, analysis and risks to stakeholders.
- Drive a quality-first approach to software development and delivery.
What you should have:
- 8+ years of relevant QA technical experience with at least 3+ years experience managing QA teams for consumer facing products.
- Ability to manage the careers and growth of direct reports at various levels.
- Experience developing test plans, test cases and test reports for mobile apps.
- Solid experience with software testing tools and frameworks, including automation test scripts.
- Create clear and concise test suites and improve company quality standards.
- You’ve led agile development teams and know how to balance delivery and team energy.
- Solid project management, organizational and time management skills.
- Liaison with Product teams, Engineering teams, and QA teams.
- Deep passion for superb user experience and technical integrity.
- You’ve worked in a fast-scaling early stage startup as a QA Manager.
- A record of supervising work across multiple product teams.
Few people have been trained for this sort of role. If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As an Quality Assurance Manager, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.