We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for an Strategic Partnerships Manager to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a San Francisco, New York, and Toronto-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered digital bank built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking account, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤️ financial services. As our Strategic Partnerships Manager you will report into our Director of Partnerships & Operations and work with our world-class Ops, Product, Compliance, and creative teams as well as our external partners. You’ll also benefit from our experienced leadership and incredible advisors. Our COO has helped build brands like Frank and Oak and has lectured at SXSW. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
Today you might be a Program Coordinator, Project Manager or Bank Ops Coordinator or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with our existing strategic partners to make sure our programs run smoothly
- Collaborating with product teams as well as partners to develop new services and features that will be added to our core product offering
- Acting as a point of contact for ongoing initiatives & working closely with partners to ensure we’re able to bring the vision of our products to life
- Showcase exceptional project management across both internal and external teams
The skills required for this role:
- You’ve worked with product and engineering teams in a partnerships, program management or strategy / operations function
- You know how to translate strategic business and product requirements into a concise vision for a product or feature that partners can understand and evaluate
- You thrive in project management and like to dive in on processes and efficiency improvement work
- You have no problem managing ambiguity and can effectively cope with change, shift gears comfortably, decide and act without having the total picture
- You know how to think strategically and evaluate partners while thinking about the long term trajectory of a product vertical
- You’re just as comfortable talking to management, legal and compliance teams as you talking to engineering and product teams
- You’ve worked in a fast-scaling FinTech and know what it takes to scale a financial services or payments stack
- You have a deep understanding of risk, AML, or/and compliance
- You understand bank operations and payment processing and know how to spot problems before they become major issues in delivering projects or get in the way of launching
Few people have been trained for this sort of role. If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As an Strategic Partnerships Manager you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
- Top-tier health/dental benefits: We care about the people we work with and put their health first. NorthOne is proud to offer inclusive health and dental coverage.
- Flexible working hours: We don't clock in and out at set times. You know when you do your best work. We celebrate accomplishments, not how many hours are spent at the office.
- Unlimited paid time off: We hire talented people and know that they need time off to be at their best. Take as much time off as you need to recharge and make sure you’re working sustainably.
- The latest computer equipment: We make sure you have the best equipment so you can produce great work.
- Professional development budget: We support lifelong learners by covering the cost of classes, workshops and conferences. You'll also get access to our ever-growing library of industry-related books.
- Remote get-togethers: Bond with your teammates over shared interests at regular get-togethers. Find like-minded people who are passionate about everything from sport and music to gaming and cooking.
- One hell of an adventure!
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.