We make small businesses more successful through better banking
Our company is looking for a Head Of People to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a New York, San Francisco and Toronto-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
Our company’s purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through their financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? What would you keep? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ building great teams. As Head Of People, you’ll work with our world-class People, Operations, and Management teams. You’ll also benefit from our experienced leadership and incredible advisors. Our COO has helped build companies like Frank and Oak and has lectured about marketing at SXSW. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
Today you might be a Director Of People, People Lead, Director of HR or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
The most important characteristic for our Head Of People is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to be at your best. You know that somehow, you can figure anything out.
The skills required for this role:
- Outstanding executive sourcing skills.You get giddy about finding the perfect candidate to join our team and understand how to sell the company’s vision.
- You live and breath great workplace culture #goteam
- You love coaching and professional development. Onboarding, skills workshops, writing manuals - it's your domain and you're master of it
- You know how to manage a team of People experts and work with them to quickly scale a world class team
- You’ve worked at a fast-growing startup and helped them scale from 100 to 1000 (or more!)
- You’re obsessed with benchmarking recruiting, hiring, and talent best practices from the world’s most innovative companies
- You’ve been a speaker at SXSW, TEDx, or another conference or podcast that we would know
- You’ve used the WHO hiring framework and know how to run a topgrading-based hiring system effectively
Few people have been trained for this sort of role. If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As Head Of People, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation/equity, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.