Summary of Position:
Develops and maintains business by the extensive application of basic marketing and customer service techniques. Interviews escrow principals to obtain pertinent facts, drawing of documents, and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists escrow principals, their lenders and/or agents in the consummation of escrows involving the financing or sale of single family and small multi-family residences. Conducts formal closing presentations with buyers, sellers and their agents all present at the same time. Reconciles escrow instructions with preliminary title report.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintain clientele.
- Obtains demands/releases to clear title.
- Takes terms and information needed to process escrow.
- Draws all real estate settlement statements and HUD 1’s for signing.
- Signs-up customers explaining our instructions and documents.
- Audits and closes file when all funds and documents are received.
- Trains, supervises and guides assistants.
- Attends client and business development functions.
- Disburses funds.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary information and escrow transactions.
- Understands and complies with escrow accounting procedures.
- Understands and complies with State Insurance Commissioner bulletins.
- Determines appropriate priorities and workflow.
- Refers questionable requests from customers to management for guidance
- Interfaces effectively in person and on the telephone with clients and customers.
- Reviews customer accounts, market research reports and other market information to determine the availability of business as well as the company's and competitor's share of the market.
- Assists the sale staff with contacts to brokers, real estate agents, builders, attorneys, lenders and other customers by telephone and in person to solicit business and ascertain the individual service needs of the customer.
- Represents company in public, customer and community relation activities. Attends customer luncheons, dinners, realty board meetings and company tours, makes speeches and presents prepared educational programs to customer and other interested groups.
- Draws documents needed for the closing from real estate contracts and lender closing instructions. Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers' and sellers' deposits.
- Reviews preliminary title report to verify vesting and legal description. Compares exceptions shown in title report with buyers', sellers', and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions. Reconciles discrepancies between instructions and title report with title closer and/or principals. Assists principals in obtaining releases of liens and other encumbrances.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, loan interest, rents and other prorated items. Directs and may participate in the preparation of settlement sheets showing detailed breakdown of escrow, title, loan, brokers' commissions and other changes. Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title.
- Trains, assigns and reviews the work of one or more escrow technicians and/or secretaries.
- Knows Rate Manual and quotes accurate fees.
- Notarizes signatures,
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Supervisory experience helpful, minimum two to three years Escrow Closer experience.
- Capable of processing standard sale, subdivision and loan only escrows without assistance.
- Ability to attract and maintain acceptable base of customers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate well.
- Ability to resolve escrow problems.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Computer skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Math skills.
- Business writing skills.
- Escrow education and/or certificate helpful.
- College-level, trade association, or in-house escrow training helpful.
- Notary Public Commission mandatory.
- Driver’s license required.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Escrow Closer to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.