ESCROW CLOSING ASSISTANT
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision and direction of an Escrow Officer or Escrow Manager, prepares escrow instructions, draws or directs the drawing of documents, requests issuance of title policies and the disbursement of funds, and otherwise assists Escrow Officer, escrow principals and/or their lenders. Reconciles escrow instructions with preliminary title report or title commitment. Provides related office support as required.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares or follows escrow instructions consistent with the requirements of the parties and obtains their approval. Estimates the amount of money required to close escrow and obtains buyers' and sellers' deposits.
- Reviews preliminary title report or commitment to verify vesting and legal description.
- Compares exceptions shown in title report or commitment with buyers', sellers' and lenders' instructions for possible liens or encumbrances not authorized in escrow or lender instructions.
- Consults with Title Officer, Escrow Officer, lender and/or principals in reconciling discrepancies between instructions and title report or commitment, modifying escrow instructions or obtaining release of liens and other encumbrances as directed.
- Orders beneficiary statements or demands, for insurance policies, deeds of trust, reconveyances and other documents. Prepares or directs the preparation of authorized documents, insuring proper execution and recording of same.
- Prorates or directs the pro-ration of taxes, fire insurance, loan, brokers' commissions and other charges.
- Requests the issuance of title policies or other evidence of title.
- Escrow bookkeeping.
- Works with title department to process orders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Computer, e-mail, word processing knowledge and experience required.
- Escrow experience required.
- Real estate knowledge helpful.
- Notary Public Commission helpful
- Customer Service Skills
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the escrow closing assistant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.