North American Title Company - Who We Are
North American Title Company is among the largest real estate settlement service providers in the United States, offering its customers a unique blend of personal and dependable service. Through our parent company, States Title, we are leading the digital transformation of the title industry. We’re always strategizing, problem-solving, iterating, and looking for new ways to do things.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Manages a branch operation in generally one location providing escrow and related services, to maintain a cost effective and profitable operation. Enforces performance and operating goals and objectives for branch and branch associates and monitors overall branch and associate performance. Provides supervision and training to branch associates, participates extensively in marketing and business development; and performs related duties as required.
Directs complex escrow transaction services including commercial, industrial, multi-site and residential, from opening to final close, including directing preparation of documents, coordination with attorneys, lenders, agents, principals, insurers, inspectors and others; identifies, analyzes and resolves complex issues affecting legal, accurate and timely completion.
Position has dual duties between maintaining customer relations with the real estate business community and performing closing functions. The position will be more focused on the building of new revenue streams by calling on realtors and mortgage companies to secure new accounts. Other duties include, but are not limited to, making deliveries, picking up orders, and attending realtor, mortgage and North American Title business functions.
- Equivalent to completion of high school, supplemented by formal coursework and/or certification in escrow, and three years of experience, including experience some experience working in support of commercial escrow.
- Extensive experience in the title and escrow industry including residential, commercial, subdivision, and exchanges.
- Prior management or supervisory experience is required.
- College level management courses helpful.
- Basic principals of supervision.
- General knowledge of employment laws affecting location of branch.
- Specific knowledge of Company’s employment policies and practices.
- Principles, practices, forms and procedures for the preparation and closing of complex, larger scale escrows, including multiple properties, high sale cost, corporations and other/multiple entities, bankruptcies, foreclosure, and those involving other unusual facts or circumstances.
- Laws, codes and regulations related to all types of escrow.
- Principles and practices of title underwriting as relates to complex escrow transactions.
- Notes, deeds of trust, leases and other real estate related documents.
- Use of desktop computers including word processing, spreadsheet, and specialized escrow-related software.
- Basic mathematics including proportions and percentages.
- Business writing skills including English grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Supervisory skills, training skills, motivational skills, and inter-personal skills.
- Professional communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including operating common and/or specialized software related to title and escrow.
- Dealing tactfully and effectively with attorneys, general counsel for various entities, high level principals, and individuals.
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving a wide variety of complex issues required for the successful completion of difficult escrow transactions.
- Calculating sums, subtotals, percentages and proportions related to fund requirements, breakdown of costs and disbursement of funds.
- Preparing a variety of written materials including complex instructions, agreements, correspondence and brief reports.
- Prioritizing work, meeting stringent deadlines, and coordinating multiple assignments.
- Giving presentations to the public, associations and other groups regarding escrow, and the company.
- Soliciting and developing business for the company.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information received and processed.
- Learn and adhere to the practices and procedures unique to the Company, and/or the location/office to which assigned.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Valid drivers license in good standing in assigned state.
- Any required state licensing and certification.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Manages a branch providing escrow and related services through subordinates, to maximize productivity and profitability.
- Plans, prioritizes, assigns, supervises and reviews the work of escrow officers and support staff; provides training and education on escrow procedures, processes and requirements; may direct the operation of small escrow office;
- Establish goals and objectives and conducts performance appraisals of escrow officers and lower level staff;
- Manage, supervise, and coordinate escrow personnel to ensure compliance with company policies and correct and timely escrow procedures.
- Gathers and reviews business information, pertinent to the operations, such as: Reports of operations, market forecasts, personnel data reports, etc.
- Researches printed material such as financial publications, trade and association journals, new legal and legislative bulletins pertaining to the title industry to keep knowledge current with changing business policies and procedures.
- Utilizes the above information to forecast or determine the local economy and its effect upon the organization, and analyze current data information against budgeted goals and objectives, determining where corrective courses of action are necessary. Directs subordinates to such action as indicated.
- In conjunction with the Division Manager, establishes long-range goals and objectives for the branch such as marketing programs, personnel development, expansion to new locations, new or revised services and including internal goals of training personnel, recruitment, salary administration, etc.
- Develops and implements performance goals of subordinates.
- Ensures the quality and timeliness of service to customers by maintaining communications with appropriate internal departments.
- Works with attorneys, customers, lenders, high level principals, insurers, and others to obtain terms and information needed to process complex escrows, determine service needs, answer questions, update status, explain processes and requirements, and develop business;
- Reviews narrative escrow instructions deposited into escrow by attorneys or other agents for and declination of instructions;
- Represents the company at a variety of meetings and functions, gives presentations, and conducts other outreach to inform others about the company and escrow processes, and develop business;
- May operate motor vehicle for occasional meetings, industry functions, seminars, or for deliveries to shipping and postal drop off, other offices, and related trips.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Branch Manager to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 30 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.