Who We Are!
North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) is a seasoned title insurance underwriter, helping title agents to achieve their individual business goals for more than 60 years. Today, partnered with States Title, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent agents.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Litigation Counsel is responsible for providing high quality, pro-active and cost-effective representation and services as a member of North American Title Law Group, under the supervision of the Manager of National Claims and Litigation. Litigation Counsel will serve as primary attorney of record and trial counsel in the prosecution and/or defense of civil matters. Litigation Counsel will assist Manager of National Claims and Litigation in overseeing all of the Company’s statutory responsibilities and processes and provide general legal support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities for our Litigation Counsel:
- Conduct title research, factual investigation of percipient witnesses from inception through completion of the civil matter.
- Compile, review and analyze material documentation, applicable laws, regulations and case law.
- Formulate legal strategies, theories, articulate objectives or goals to be achieved in prosecuting and/or defending the civil matters.
- Drafting motions, including demurrers, pre-trial statements, trial/mediation briefs, and jury instructions.
- Assume responsibilities as first chair trial counsel.
Experience, skills and background our Ideal Litigation Counsel should have:
- 10+ years of experience in litigating matters in federal and/or state courts.
- 5 or more trials, either as a primary or second chair counsel, in federal or state courts.
- Extensive knowledge of real estate, family law, probate law, rules of civil practice and procedure in licensed state.
- Admitted to the California State Bar Association for 10+ years in good standing.
- Extensive knowledge of legal, title, regulatory and operational issues affecting the real estate, title insurance and settlement services industries.
- Strong legal research skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and knowledge of standard terminology used in the real estate, title insurance and settlement services industries.
- Ability to professionally perform multiple, detailed oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
- Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
What North American Title can offer you!
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, HSA, FSA as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Long Term Career in an expanding industry
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.