Accounts Payable Processor
Summary of Position:
Under general supervision, performs routine and non-routine accounting support duties in areas of accounts payable. Performs specialized calculations, posting and accounting functions. Codes accounts payable invoices for proper account distribution, checks prices, quantities and extensions; makes periodic reports summarizing business and financial activities. Codes data for input to financial data processing system; reconciles difficult discrepancies and problems. Responsible for the complete and systematic set of transactions in accounts payables. Processes "stop payments", orders check stock, researches problems, and performs filing.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES OR TRAINING:
- Experience as Accounts Payable Processor.
- Accounting courses desirable.
- Knowledge of specific accounts payable policies and practices.
- Basic terminology and documents related to accounts payable processing.
- Knowledge of Accounts Payable procedures.
- Knowledge of company's internal control and audit protocols.\
- Math skills are essential.
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software.
- Customer service skills.
- Basic English grammar and spelling.
- Operating specialized and common desktop software applications, and standard office equipment such as fax, photocopier, telephone and related.
- Identifying, obtaining, and organizing documents required for Accounts Payable processing
- Operating and performing routine operator maintenance of common office equipment and machinery.
- Printing, sorting and assembling documents rapidly and accurately.
- Operating at a high level of productivity and efficiency to meet deadlines in a high volume environment.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Learn the rules and procedures of Accounts Payable processing.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic accounting operations.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Accounting classes or certificate helpful.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Process vendors invoice.
- Process county manual checks.
- Process computer checks.
- File vendor invoices.
- Answer questions from authorized county representatives.
- Work cooperatively and courteously with others.
- High productivity.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.