North American Title Company - Who We Are
North American Title Company is among the largest real estate settlement service providers in the United States, offering its customers a unique blend of personal and dependable service. Through our parent company, States Title, we are leading the digital transformation of the title industry. We’re always strategizing, problem-solving, iterating, and looking for new ways to do things.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Role - Sales, Business Consultant
Position has dual duties between maintaining customer relations with the real estate business community and performing closing functions. The position will be more focused on the building of new revenue streams by calling on realtors and mortgage companies to secure new accounts. Other duties include, but are not limited to, making deliveries, picking up orders, and attending realtor, mortgage and North American Title business functions.
- High school diploma required, or higher education level degree helpful. A 2-year degree or higher, preferably in an area of marketing or other business discipline is a plus. Two or more years of marketing and sales experience in the service industry. An insurance and/or real estate background preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of real estate industry a plus.
- Knowledge of standard terminology commonly used in the title insurance industry is preferred.
- Knowledge of general title insurance a plus.
- Good communication skills (writing and verbal).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proficiency and skill in using Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Skill in interacting well with co-associates.
- Ability to communicate with customers in a positive and cordial manner.
- Ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines while dealing with multiple tasks and internal/external personnel.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to be punctual.
- Ability to travel to appointments and closings.
- Ability to follow management directions and directives.
- Ability to understand and follow posted work rules.
- Ability to understand and follow company’s policies and procedures as published in the Associate Reference Guide.
- Ability to work overtime during heavy volume periods when requested by management.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism and use that information to improve.
Daily interaction with associates from the branch, division and corporate offices, realtors, lenders, customers and the general public.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
- Valid driver’s license in good standing in state assigned to drive is required.
- Must have personal vehicle suitable for business use.
- Must carry acceptable auto insurance on vehicle used for company business.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Create business relationships between the North American Title Company (NAT) branch office and local realtors, lenders, and other sales associates in the assigned marketing area.
- Perform the following marketing functions but not limited to:
- Visiting and educating clients with informational brochures;
- Distributing monthly marketing materials & holiday promotions;
- Providing quotes for title insurance;
- Coordinating open houses for realtors; and
- Sales tracking.
- Attend realtor, mortgage and NATC business functions.
- Motivate self and the staff.
- Perform other duties as directed by the branch manager or as appropriate to share the branch workload to include but not limited to miscellaneous clerical duties, assist with phone duties, making deliveries, picking up orders and performing closing and post closing functions.
This is primarily an active position which requires the Business Consultant to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, travel and drive a automobile, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.