Who We Are!
North American Title Insurance Company (NATIC) is a seasoned title insurance underwriter, helping title agents to achieve their individual business goals for more than 60 years. Today, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent agents.
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all of our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Under general supervision, receives, examines for sufficiency, and assembles various documents for recording in accordance with established procedures specified instructions and recording deadlines. Ensures the timely recording of documents and payment of taxes and fees.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Throughout the day, receives special and regular recording packages, releases and assignments for recording from company personnel and customers.
- Sets up regular recording packages, releases and assignments for recording following morning and special recording packages for the current day.
- Examines documents to ensure adherence to company Escrow Department and direct order customer recording instructions, satisfaction of all requirements, and correctness and sufficiency of names, dates, legal, descriptions, etc.
- Assembles documents in the exact order required for recording, numbered as to sequence and stamped appropriately.
- Receipts in checks for assignment endorsements and direct orders.
- When required, bills charges due the Company and forwarded necessary data to accounting. Also, computes daily recording charges and obtains company check for payment.
- Logs all recorded items as to date of recording and closing and notifies Escrow Officers and direct order customers of recording.
- Processes computer printout of all recording by our company and other companies by removing sheets affecting company recordings, indicated time of recording on each sheet, attaching sheets to respective title files and delivering to appropriate personnel. Distributes remaining sheets to Title Examiners.
- If any of the Company's recording are missing from the plant, notifies immediate supervisor.
- Notifies computer plant servicing agent of closed and cancelled title files.
- Performs miscellaneous duties such as maintaining various files on Corporate Resolution, specific properties, etc.
- In response to assignments from company personnel, on-site examination and utilization of public records and court case files in order to: Check for assignments and releases of mortgages, financing statements, affidavits of value, ownership of property and other data relative to property or individuals in question.
- Examine federal and superior court case files to extract pertinent data from divorce, probate, bankruptcy and other court actions affecting real property.
- Secure or make photocopies of recording, court case files and actions, patents and maps, etc.
- Pick up documents and maps.
- Date down files
- Review documents for sufficiency prior to recording
- Review policy write-up with escrow instructions
- Transport documents to recording service
- Phone recording confirmation to escrow officers
- Assists recorder by checking lenders' instructions, policy write-ups, and original documents
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Must be experienced in preparing and inspecting recording packages. Must be experienced in writing insurance policies. Must have knowledge of documents, policy write-ups, and notary requirements. Knowledge in title practices and basic escrow practices. Familiar with all title documents and their necessary requirements.
Driver’s license required.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the Escrow Closer to have the ability to operate computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry up to 25 lbs. Finger dexterity is necessary.
This description outlines the basic responsibilities and requirements for the position noted. This is not a comprehensive listing of all job duties of the Associates. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.