Get to know NATIC
North American Title Insurance (NATIC) is a seasoned title insurance underwriter with 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S. Today, the company conducts real estate settlement services in 39 states and the District of Columbia through a network of experienced, independent agents.
With support from NATIC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient while allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Opportunity – “Title Examiner + Title Examiner Trainer”
This position will spend 50% of their time Training and Reviewing new hires and other less experienced title examiners in conducting title searches and preparing preliminary title reports, title insurance commitments, as well as the use of the company’s title production software (Softpro and others). Additional training on company workflow, customer service and resolving title problems may be required as part of this training role. This position will also spend up to or exceeding 50% of their day searching and reviewing all relevant documents, maps title chains and related items affecting one or more parcels of land, based on results of this examination, preparing preliminary title status reports
- Train end users on procedures, software applications and systems via phone, telepresence and email correspondence
- Prepare training materials, content and deliver training to users at regular intervals
- Prepare and publish the training schedule in advance
- Assist and coordinate project work with company and department management, including but not limited to: SoftPro, title system, accounting practices/projects and marketing and sales-oriented projects
- Document project work and industry knowledge in appropriate documentation systems
- Maintain an updated skill set keeping up with the latest training techniques, time management and project management techniques
- Minimum of five years’ experience working as an Examiner, using various search and title production systems (Datatrace and Softpro preferred)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to create training materials, including Job Aids and Quick Guides for distribution and training
- Ability to review completed work and provide constructive feedback to trainees.
- Ability to track and identify trends, and make recommendations on where additional training may be required.
- Experience training and guiding end users in a production system
- Experience coordinating travel and expenditures
- Ability to plan and adhere to a schedule
- Prepares preliminary title status reports based on examination and research
- Examines deeds, grant deeds of trust, easements, codes, covenants and restrictions, deed assignments, re-conveyances, taxes, judgements, liens, assessor's parcel maps and other documents
- Reviews data to verify ownership, correct annotation, and proper execution
- Verifies that legal descriptions are written accurately
- Identifies specific requirements for preliminary title report, including requirements for affidavits for questionable documents
- Works with Operations Managers, and Team Leads or other higher level staff for guidance on unusual and/or problematic situations such as back vesting uninsured deeds, prior liens, need for indemnity, etc.
- Uses arithmetic to calculate split ownership percentages
- Coordinates typing of completed reports with support staff
- May perform all of the duties of a title searcher including opening files and inputting data, generating data from County records to identify tax payments and status, printing relevant documents and reports, sorting and assembling information, requesting additional documentation from title plants, and performing related support duties
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results-driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Title Examiner Trainer:
- Completion of high school preferred
- Experience training others on title examination techniques and practices.
- Prior use of Softpro title production system, knowledge of formatting and programing in that system.
- At least five years of responsible experience in title searching in Florida required
- Basic underwriting procedures
- Basic real property law
- Basic coverages of title policy insurance
- Format and requirements for preliminary title reports
- Terminology and documents related to title search, title chain and property ownership
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software
- Customer service skills
- English grammar and spelling
- Basic math for calculating percentages of split ownership
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values
Marginal Job Functions/Duties:
- Working independently and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Performing detailed work rapidly and accurately
- Performing in-depth examination and verification of documents and maps related to property ownership
- Preparing comprehensive and accurate reports
- Interpreting and applying rules and procedures for chain of title
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
What NAT brings to the Table
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
- Yearly Bonuses
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.