Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title Insurance & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S.
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year! This industry is only growing and we are ambitious enough to dare and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
We are seeking an Escrow Closing Assistant in our Closing/Disbursement Department within centralized operations to aid in processing final closing docs, checks and overnight closing packages.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issuing the final statements and closing letters to be sent out via US Mail or Overnight Courier
- Disbursing checks for refunds, invoices and/or payoffs and commissions
- Responsible for data entry into our production systems
- May be asked to help with other departments on an as needed basis from time to time
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Closing and Disbursement Escrow Processor:
- High School Diploma
- Demonstrated detail orientation
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Comfortable speaking and interacting with customer service at outside banks and lenders
- Knowledge of escrow/title terminology (Deed of Trust, Lender, etc.) a plus but not required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Typing and 10key accuracy is required.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work, including escrow officers, attorneys and others.
- Clear, concise and effective oral and written communication.
- The ability to identify, obtain and organize documents with a high level of accuracy.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values.
What NAT brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
Details of the Role
- Position is located in our Sacramento location
- Full time position, 8 hours a day, actual schedule may vary depending on time slot we need coverage in.
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.