Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title Insurance & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S.
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year! This industry is growing and we are ambitious enough to dare and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Details of the Role
The Escrow Trust Accounting Supervisor oversees and coordinates workflow within the Escrow Trust Accounting (ETA) department. The supervisor will assist their Manager in training, evaluating and motivating staff, and will verify that operations and accounting associates adhere to company policies and procedures. The ETA team provides service to national operations in a fast-paced customer service environment. The team is responsible for the reconciliation and maintenance of all fiduciary accounts; reporting concerns to management and handling highly confidential information. Position will be fully remote – all equipment provided. Associate will need to provide a remote environment that is conducive to work.
- Oversee daily and monthly reconciliation of a large number of fiduciary accounts
- Remittance to underwriters, signing services and recording services
- Fraud prevention – including Positive Pay, OFAC concerns and 8300 reporting
- Workflow analysis, coordinating work assignments
- Developing metrics to assess performance
- Revise and update department training materials
- Work with internal and external auditors
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our ideal Escrow Trust Accounting Supervisor:
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and accounting experience required.
- High School Diploma required, Degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Business knowledge – banking, or accounting experience with the title, escrow, or mortgage industry preferred. Recent Escrow Trust Accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with industry-specific applications –ResWare, Rynoh and web-based banking platforms for major financial institutions. Experience using bank-provided cash management software and wire or ACH processing experience preferred.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and be highly organized in a remote environment.
- Excellent Communication Skills – listening, speaking and writing (especially communication surrounding feedback)
- Conflict Resolution Skills
- Leadership skills including:
- Change Management
- Time management
- Strategic thinking
- Decision making
- Motivation and team building
- Critical Thinking – gathering information and analyzing options to find the best solution
- Interpersonal Skills
- Creative problem solving - ability to identify issues and bring about resolution.
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values
What NAT brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
- Yearly Bonus Opportunities
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.