Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title Insurance & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S.
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year! This industry is only growing and we are ambitious enough to dare and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
Acquires and reviews all relevant documents, maps, title chains and related items affecting one or more parcels of land, based on results of this examination, prepares preliminary title commitment.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The following duties are typical of those performed by associates in this job title; however, assigned duties may vary and associates may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each associate in the job title or at a particular location.
Under general supervision:
- Prepares preliminary title commitment based on examination and research and review of attorney agent exam sheet.
- Examines deeds, mortgages, easements, codes, covenants and restrictions, deed assignments, re-conveyances, taxes, judgements, liens, court records, assessor's parcel maps and other documentsP
- Reviews data to verify ownership, correct annotation, and proper execution
- Verifies that legal descriptions are written accurately
- Identifies specific requirements for preliminary title report, including requirements for affidavits for title clearance
- Works with Title Officers or other higher level staff for guidance on unusual and/or problematic situations such as back vesting uninsured deeds, prior liens, need for indemnity, etc.
- Uses arithmetic to calculate split ownership percentages
- May perform all of the duties of a title searcher including opening files and inputting data, generating data from County records to identify tax payments and status, printing relevant documents and reports, sorting and assembling information, requesting additional documentation from title plants, and performing related support duties
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results-driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Title Examiner
- Completion of high school
- At least one year of responsible experience in title examining in Illinois required
- Basic underwriting procedures
- Basic real property law
- Basic coverages of title policy insurance
- Format and requirements for preliminary title reports
- Terminology and documents related to title search, title chain and property ownership
- Use of desktop computers including word processing and other common software
- Customer service skills
- English grammar and spelling
- Basic math for calculating percentages of split ownership
- A natural drive to live by our Core Values
Marginal Job Functions/Duties:
- Working independently and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Performing detailed work rapidly and accurately
- Performing in-depth examination and verification of documents and maps related to property ownership
- Preparing comprehensive and accurate reports
- Interpreting and applying rules and procedures for chain of title
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
What NAT brings to the Table
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, 401K as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Remote work friendly environment
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success