Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title Insurance & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S.
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year! This industry is only growing and we are ambitious enough to dare and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners
- Understanding and satisfying all title requirements
- Performing all required title and curative duties with confidence and professionalism.
- Processing instantly underwritten and traditionally underwritten files. Click here to learn more about States Title’s patented instant underwriting model.
- Confirming legal vesting
- Prepare title commitment package documentation based on customer-specific preferences
- Attaching additional documentation to title commitment package as necessary, including Plat maps and 24-month Chains of Title
- Ordering search packages as needed
- Receiving and attaching taxes to files as needed
- Reviewing commitment package documents for accuracy
- Performing subordinations as needed
- Running additional searches as need be, included Bankruptcy and Patriot Act
- Reviewing for Clear-to-Close status
- Performing additional curative work as needed
- Order payoffs and reviewing payoff judgements as needed
- Reviewing second mortgages on titles as needed
- Performing a Pace lien search as needed
- Completing Deed Order forms as needed
- Checking for city-level recording requirements
- Anticipating customer needs and resolving customer escalations in a professional, efficient manner
- Providing status of the transaction throughout the closing process to the appropriate customers
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Title Officer:
- 3+ year title and/or curative experience
- Prior experience in escrow closing, mortgage processing or related field.
- Excellent phone, email, and face-to-face communication skills
- Love for multitasking
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, metrics-driven work environment
- Extreme attention to detail and organizational skills Knowledge of title insurance, regulatory guidelines, and legal documents is required
- Comfortable with constant change and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient computer skills
- Bonus: Possession of individual title and/or escrow licenses
- Bonus: Experience processing files in ResWare
What NAT brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.