Meet North American Title
North American Title Company (NATC) is a seasoned Real Estate settlement company with over 60 years of expertise. Through its family companies - North American Title Insurance & States Title - we are able to impact 90% of real estate transactions in the U.S.
With support from NATC, States Title is intelligently transforming the closing process by applying machine intelligence to the age-old processes and procedures in the $25B Title and Settlement industry. As we partner and innovate, we are making residential real estate simple and efficient by allowing lenders to close more loans, faster, and at a lower cost. Our team is rapidly expanding coverage and introducing groundbreaking predictive title solutions. We expect to have 90% of the country online by the end of this year! This industry is only growing and we are ambitious enough to dare and keep up!
- Customer Obsessed – We always put our customers first.
- Solution Driven – We solve problems that other people are afraid to.
- People leaders – We grow all our people into leaders.
- One Team – We believe inclusion and teamwork produce the best results.
- Direct with Respect – We communicate with honesty and respect to our colleagues, customers, and partners.
The Managing Director will be the PnL owner for the state responsible for managing all associates and branch operations.
The Managing Director will have experience in a combination of escrow operations, title, realtor and lender sales, and being a people leader. This person will have deep industry experience and connections and also be excited to innovate the industry with the technology States Title is building. The leader will be the point person on the ground to work with the corporate management team and will navigate a complex organization to capitalize upon resources to achieve objectives.
This job will require someone to roll-up their sleeves and will provide the opportunity for a hungry leader to take ownership of an existing scaled operation, improve it, and then build out a large operation via profitable growth.
- Directs and develops the implementation of goals, objectives, and work standards for a Functional Unit without focus on the daily operational activities.
- Develops and directs the implementation of policies and procedures that comply with regulatory and statutory guidelines, rules, and standards.
- Plans, organizes, administers, reviews, and evaluates the activities of professional, technical, and office support staff through subordinate managers and supervisors.
- Contributes to the overall quality of the Functional unit by developing work teams and by reviewing, recommending, and implementing improved policies and procedures.
- Develops, coordinates, and provides for overall administration of the Functional units annual and strategic goals.
- Confers with Executive Management regarding departmental requirements and solutions; facilitates the resolution of problems and the development of new initiatives to support business segments.
- Authorizes projects, sets priorities, approves designs, and cost estimates for projects.
Above all, we are a dynamic team looking for energy and a results driven mindset to provide unique value as we transform the Title and Insurance processes!
What you should bring to the table as our Ideal Managing Director:
- Demonstrated competency in creating and execution on strategic plans.
- Proven track record of leading large, complex projects with multiple stakeholders and driving organizational change.
- Demonstrated success with meeting the needs of a wide range of employees while driving team performance, monitoring results and appropriately allocating resources.
- Strong experience and knowledge of functional tools and infrastructure.
- A deep understanding of metrics/dashboards that drive an environment and culture of continuous improvement.
- Progressive experience in leading employees in multiple locations, and significant experience developing and implementing solutions.
- Possesses strong problem-solving, collaboration, critical thinking, team building, and presentation skills.
- Results oriented with strong time management and project management skills, and must be highly organized and driven to succeed.
- Strong leadership skills, leading by example, driving employee commitment through actions, and empowering employees to reach their full potential.
- Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of particular field of specialization to the successful execution of multiple complex projects.
- Adaptable, data-driven, and human-focused.
- Confident and self-motivated with a low ego.
- High capacity for dealing with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, analyze, and develop creative solutions.
- Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to solving problems.
- Ability to think strategically but enjoys rolling up his/her sleeves to get things done.
- 12+ years of management/leadership experience.
- 7+ years working in the title insurance, lending, or real estate industries required.
What NAT brings to the Table:
- Benefits for Full-time Employees including: medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, as well as many other cutting edge employee options not typically found on the market
- Trusting and motivating management as a result of a unique company culture
- Continuous training and growth opportunities
- A company partnered with Giants of the industry to support your success
We believe in Equal Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.