Noora Health’s mission is to improve outcomes and strengthen health systems by equipping family caregivers with the skills they need to care for their loved ones.
Founded in 2014, Noora Health turns hospital hallways and waiting rooms into classrooms by tapping into the most compassionate resources available for the patient’s care: their own family.
With support from governments and partners in India, Bangladesh, and Indonesia, Noora Health has trained more than 3.5 million caregivers across 460+ facilities using their flagship caregiver education and training curriculum, the Care Companion Program (CCP).
In a cohort of patients, the CCP reduced post-surgical cardiac complications by 71%, maternal complications by 12%, newborn complications by 16%, and newborn readmissions by 56%.
Noora Health was honored as a TED 2022 Audacious Project Grantee and recipient of the 2022 Skoll Foundation Award for Social Innovation. Featuring Edith Elliott and Shahed Alam, our Co-Founders and Co-CEOs, Noora Health’s mission took the spotlight at TED 2022 and was also featured in a 2022 Skoll video.
Yayasan Noora Health (YNH) was established in 2023 to implement the evidence based and globally recognized Care Companion Program (CCP).YNH is affiliated to and works closely with Noora Health, a US based health systems strengthening organization, that designed, developed, and implements the Care Companion Program.
The CCP focuses on training and empowering family members of patients across the health system, equipping them with high-impact health skills required to become impactful caregivers to their loved ones and enable their recovery at home. The CCP is currently implemented at >500 health facilities in India and Bangladesh.
YNH will support and assist the Indonesian public health system to implement CCP across city, district, provincial, and national levels, thereby enabling improvements in health outcomes for patients and improved quality of health services and care delivery.
According to Noora Health’s discussions with East Java health provincial office and as per the MoU between Noora Health and District of Pamekasan on Care Companion Program Implementation, YNH will conduct a TOT (Training Of Trainers) for Health workers (Nurses/midwives/bidans) in order to train caregivers across East Java.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Medical Content Manager should be committed towards and passionate about public and community health and health education, and ready to join our dynamic team of creative designers, public health experts, and behavioral researchers in order to advance the Care Companion Program. Overall, the role will be focused on developing medical content that is aligned to government guidelines and local health practices and transforming this content for visually compelling artifacts that can be used for health education. This content may be used over mobile phone platforms, in-facility training, and many other formats that reach thousands of people daily.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Writes the medical content for a particular condition area that is aligned with the theory of change and is in accordance with the overall medical and public health strategy, curriculum and structure developed by the Medical Director and Lead:
- Drafts the medical content for various condition areas contextualized to the geography of interest, based on needs finding insights and desk research (literature reviews, review of clinical guidelines).
- Performs secondary research and literature review where needed, to determine latest evidence and health information.
- Visits hospitals and conducts needs finding to understand community perspective and challenges at the health systems level and how they can be addressed via the health education curriculum.
- Works with creative writers, designers and translators to transform medical content to effective health communication material that results in health behaviour change and increased uptake of crucial skills and practices at the hospital and home.
- Works collaboratively with the medical team and other Noora teams (design, research, training) to support on visual design and training activities.
Content testing and revisions:
- Participates in testing of medical content to check the efficacy of the health education curriculum.
- Work closely with the design, implementation, and research team to link insights that can make our programs better, informed by behaviour change.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
- Medical professional with 5+ years of experience who is strongly motivated to solve important public health challenges, is dedicated to the social and development sector, and to health equity.
- Clinical medical experience of at least 1 year in government health facilities.
- Experience in medical content writing, preparing training materials, writing research papers.
- Knowledge of and/or experience working in the public health field or development sector.
- Experience working in digital health interventions/ awareness of digital health policies and standards is an added bonus.
- Excellent document/report writing skills in English.
- Proficiency in at least two or more local dialects specifically Madura and Javanese is essential.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (Docs, Spreadsheets) and Google suite.
- Comfortable traveling to facilities and homes of users in East Java and other implementation sites within Indonesia as needed.
At Noora Health, we value diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we understand the value of developing a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences. We prioritize diversity within our team, and we welcome candidates from all gender identities, castes, religious practices, sexual orientations, and abilities – among many others.
We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for positions at Noora Health.