Noomi® is a Swedish innovation company that develops e-health systems based on unique artificial intelligence. We improve the lives of elderly people who need care and security with great respect for personal integrity. Our office is located in Gamla Stan in Stockholm. EU residency permit is required.
About the role
IoT Field Operation is a small but growing team. The team is responsible for integrating, deploying and supporting the Noomi self-learning e-health system into the customer premises, and also provide first or second line support for customer issues. This responsibility includes tasks such as logistics, radio planning, HW installation, troubleshooting integration issues, supporting and guidning users in how to use our system. The team works closely together sharing knowledge and solutions in a collaborative manner to ensure a high quality operation and support to our customers. In this role you will:
- Be the customer's or partner's first point of contact regarding usability support of the Noomi system, consisting of an IoT network with wristbands/clips and on-site nodes, a web portal and mobile applications
- Providing technical support via email, phone, chat and on-site
- On-site support includes e.g. planning, installation and provisioning of our wireless edge routers, called Nodes, configuring the wireless wristbands and helping the customers in how to use the system through the web portal and applications
- Collect feedback from the users of the system share that internally with Product Management, Sales and R&D
- Follow standard procedures for escalation of unresolved issues to the appropriate internal team
Key skills including, but not limited to
- Tech savvy - Previous technical support experience and proven curiosity about new software technology
- Self motivated, curious and hungry for knowledge - when you hit an obstacle you research and investigate until you solve it
- Creative - you find solutions to the problems, with an aptitude for thinking outside-the-box
- Organized - you juggle multiple tasks and priorities and keep the team, colleagues and systems updated
- A team player - nothing happens in a vacuum, you share and discuss with relevant people
- Humble - friendly personality with an open and honest communication style
- Tools and software - ability to understand business applications quickly
- Bi-lingual speaker- good communication skills in Swedish and English.
What's in it for you?
- A workplace that is characterized by energy, dedication, transparency and having fun
- Collaboration with a team of talented colleagues, committed to a common cause; using the most up-to-date technology to improve the quality of elderly care
- Personal and professional development opportunities
Are we a good match
- So, does the above resonate with your passion and ambition?
- Do you want an opportunity to apply your technical expertise in a context where you contribute to a good cause?
If so, we'd love to hear from you.
Noomi is an equal opportunity employer, meaning, you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Noomi applies the following for recruitment companies or agencies or equivalent staffing businesses. If a company, or sister company or any group company, in the role as resources, recruiters or directors or any other role with-in the previous mentioned companies, send or provide, in any form or channels, such as a CV or information or contact details of a candidate/candidates, they will approach directly by Noomi .There will not be any fee to claim for the recruitment-, candidate-, staff introduction or any equivalent nature of services, unless there is a signed contract in place between relevant parties.