We are looking for you with a few, or many years of experience, in significant areas. Most important is your passion and desire to work together in a team where everyone is helping out to make the whole team reach the top at the mountain. Nobody is left behind, and we all share the achievements and have fun while doing it.
Our HQ is in Gamla Stan in Stockholm. We are an international team and our corporate language is English, so excellent written and communication skills in English is a requirement. EU residency permit is required.
About the role
As a Firmware developer you will make us better and strengthen us in our journey. The role covers all characteristics of Firmware development, short range radio modules, protocols and device drivers for our node and our wearable. You, together with your colleagues, will evaluate various trade-offs of different optimization strategies such as performance, power and memory consumption. The work is performed closely with other teams across the company´s SaaS and Hardware engineering teams covering Back End, Machine Learning, Embedded Software and product – which leads to a good understanding and overview of the complete projects and products. As a member of the Firmware-/ Hardware team, you will heavily contribute in making our product more powerful, exceptional and seamless with new miniature dimensions technologies, with an impact on making people's lives better through our technology.
Key skills including, but not limited to:
- At least 6 years’ experience in firmware programming, in RTOS development environments, with knowledge of OS underpinnings including the kernel, device drivers, services and other user-space software and some exposure to development on microcontrollers
- 2+ years of experience developing and/or testing IoT applications
- Strong familiarity with ARM or related embedded processors
- Familiar in the following areas of firmware development: BSP porting, power management, peripherals such as UART/I2C/SPI, timers, ADC/DAC, encryption, storage, and wireless communication (WiFi, Bluetooth, NFC, Proprietary RF, LTE)
- Strong understanding of computer architecture & peripherals, embedded systems, event processing, real-time processing, power management
- Strong debugging skills and methodology for isolating and resolving hardware/firmware integration issues during development, and field related product issues
- An interest in hardware design is an additional bonus
- Flexibility to work on different areas/tasks
We believe you have
- A curious mind
- Passionate for technology and a passion to learn new things
- Good interpersonal skills
- A personality of your own.
You are truly
- Motivated by your passion of what you do
- A really nice person
What's in it for you? Happy you asked!
At our workplace, characterized by a belief in open, transparent, and collaborative teamwork, you will collaborate with talented and passionate colleagues. These colleagues are a blend of experts on Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Front-End-, Back-End-, Hardware-, Firmware-, Embedded development, Operation and Product. We have a culture focusing on improving the lives for people in need of care, and with great respect for personal integrity.
Are we a good match
- Are you inspired by the thought of impacting society positively?
- Do you want an opportunity to apply your expertise in a context where you truly chip in for an authentic good cause and game changer?
...If the above resonates with your professional objective, skillset, passion and ambition... we'd love to hear from you!
Noomi is an equal opportunity employer, meaning, you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law