At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our website and mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Growth Engineer to join our Growth Hacking team and help develop and experiment on our main website. As a core member of the team, you will be pushing out code that reaches a large audience and will be able to see the results of your features immediately.
The Growth Hacking Team at Noom
The Growth Hacking team is responsible for the technology behind our user acquisition, relying on data-driven experimentation to rapidly baseline successful tests and discard failed ones. We're a high impact team that drives Noom’s top-line revenue; we work with millions of dollars’ worth of ad spending every month, and get to see the results of our efforts immediately. We're one of the largest and most diverse teams in the company, with a gregarious and collaborative culture and an emphasis on mentorship. Working with us, you will not only be stretched in solving difficult technical problems, but also be exposed to all aspects of product, business, marketing, and content work.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals.
- A respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A generous budget for personal development like training courses, conferences, and books.
- Three weeks’ paid vacation, and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly. We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam and Marcelo, our NYC office on-site chefs.
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 1 year of full stack web development experience; we use Django and React, but are happy to welcome engineers who have worked with any modern platform.
- Problem solver: capacity to take complex requirements, digest and break them down into actionable tech tasks
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership: you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Has developed and shipped a dynamic web app successfully in a team environment