At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to join our Web team and help build the tools that hundreds of human coaches use every day to help our users change their lives for the better.
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people. Our users depend on us to make positive changes to their health and their lives.
- We base our work on scientifically-proven, peer-reviewed methodologies that are designed by medical professionals
- A respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment in which Engineering is a first-class citizen, and where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- Three weeks’ paid vacation, and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly. We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’re Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience designing and managing complex web-based applications, with a focus on picking the right tool for the job. We use Django and React, with MySQL and PostgreSQL as the backing data store, but we’re always on the lookout for technologies that can make our job easier.
- An appreciation for the importance to strike a balance between getting code out quickly and following best practices. We move fast, but we like to build good software and manage risk carefully.
- Excellent communicator: you’re comfortable explaining technical problems in person and in writing.
- Team player: you enjoy teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code.