At Noom, we use scientifically proven methods to help our users create healthier lifestyles, and manage important conditions like Type-II Diabetes, Obesity, and Hypertension. Our Engineering team is at the forefront of this challenge, solving complex technical and UX problems on our mobile apps that center around habits, behavior, and lifestyle.
We are looking for a Senior iOS Engineer to join our Mobile team and help us develop new features that take advantage of the latest trends in the iOS ecosystem—as well as maintain and improve our existing systems. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will also be a teacher and a leader, providing guidance, education, and support to the rest of the team on all things mobile!
What You’ll Like About Us
- We work on problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A respectful, diverse, and dynamic environment where you’ll be able to work on a variety of interesting problems that affect the lives of real people.
- A generous budget for personal development expenses like training courses, conferences, and books.
- Three weeks’ paid vacation, and a flexible work policy that is remote- and family-friendly. We worry about results, not time spent in seats.
- Delicious (and nutritious) daily lunches and snacks prepared by Sam, our NYC office on-site chef.
What We’re Looking For:
- 3+ years of large-scale iOS experience in a team environment
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic, reusable, and easy to understand
- Excellent communicator: comfort explaining technical problems in person and in writing
- Team player: enjoys teaching new concepts to, and collaborating with, the team
- User-oriented: thoughtfulness when considering both our growing and our legacy users when implementing new features and updates, placing them as the priority
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership; you will have come from an environment in which people are responsible for their own code
- Familiarity with Android is a plus, as it will help you better coordinate your work with the wider mobile team.