At Nomoko, we develop the platform to interact and build on top of what we call “the digital twin” of the world.
Our core is built on our in-house developed 1’000 mega-pixel camera that is UAV ready and allows us to capture entire cities in centimeter detail at unprecedented speed. We have also developed our own, distributed 3D modeling pipeline that allows us to model extremely large datasets and transform them into beautiful, photorealistic 3D models. Those models will allow us to build the digital twin of the world.
Our platform will enable customers to interact with the 3D data, query it and use it to build specific applications that require ultra-realistic 3D data to exist.
About the role
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to maintain, upgrade, and manage our software, hardware, and network infrastructure. Additionally, you will be building up and scaling our infrastructure to support the growth of our team. Overall, you will be responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of all the infrastructure that enables our work and helps us scale our internal operations.
You will ensure that our internal IT infrastructure is running smoothly and efficiently in order to make it possible for the Nomoko Team to work on their day-to-day work.
- Installing and configuring software, hardware, and network infrastructure
- Monitoring system performance and troubleshooting issues
- Ensuring security and efficiency of IT infrastructure
- Developing expertise to train staff and onboard new employees onto existing and new technology
- Backing up and upgrading systems with new releases and models
- Troubleshoot issues and outages as well as liaison with 3rd party service providers when necessary.
- Ensuring security and establishing access controls, backups, and firewalls for internal infrastructure.
- Responding and solving the issues as they emerge
- Anticipating infrastructure bottlenecks and addressing them before they become a problem for the company efficiency
- Building internal processes and technical documentation regarding IT policies, manuals, howTos etc.
- Prior experience in system administration/IT support/ network administration preferred
- Preferred experience with DevOps
- Preferred experience with databases, networks, and patch management
- Knowledge of system security and data backup/recovery
- Excellent English skills, other languages a benefit for our international team
- Knowledge/Experience in/with KVM, CentOS.
- Familiarity with various OS and platforms (Linux, Hypervisors, Windows, Mac OS)
- Resourcefulness in finding different solutions and solution-oriented mindset
- Conceptual thinking and planning skills for infrastructure scaling
- Empathy, patience, and effective communication skills in communicating with a variety of different interdisciplinary teams and users.
- Interest in technology and making people’s lives easier with its help