You will be part of the 3D Team that processes the 2D images to produce 3D models. Your main focus will be the processing of dense 3D point clouds and textured surface meshes.
- Research and develop novel applications to produce and process 3D data sets. Our point clouds have 100s of millions of points from our custom camera system
- Developing scalable and distributable software
- Managing significant parts of the 3D pipeline that deal with the point cloud densification, surface reconstruction and texturing
- Experience with computer vision, image processing and computational photography
- Strong programming skills (C++ and Python are a must, other languages welcome)
- Experience with reading, using and modifying open source packages
- Fluent in English
- Experience with SFM, SLAM or MVS algorithms
- Computer vision: photogrammetry, multi-view stereo, scene understanding and surface reconstruction
- Experience with distributable systems such a Erlang, openmpi, etc.