At Nomoko, we develop the platform to interact and build on top of what we call “the digital twin” of the world.
Our core is built on our in-house developed proprietary capturing technology that is UAV ready and allows us to capture entire cities in centimeter detail at unprecedented speed. We have also developed our own, distributed 3D modeling pipeline that allows us to model extremely large datasets and transform them into beautiful, photorealistic 3D models. Those models will allow us to build the digital twin of the world.
Our platform will enable customers to interact with the 3D data, query it and use it to build specific applications that require ultra realistic 3D data to exist.
About the job
We use Elixir (and Erlang) extensively to distribute and coordinate 3D reconstruction tasks across server clusters. Rather than a monolithic image processing system run on workstations, we develop and maintain a clustered, task-oriented pipeline built for paralellization and fault-tolerance. This software is designed to be run on elastic server clusters.
Our current cluster is being used for testing and staging, with a larger cluster to be built in the coming months for production use. Hopefully the first of many such clusters.
We are looking for people passionate about the latest in on-premise / private cloud technology to help us design, implement and maintain these systems as we grow. Automation, monitoring, testing, and distributed computing will all be daily topics in this role as you work closely with the software development teams writing the various applications that are run in the cluster environment.
- Participate in design and deployment of clusters (10 - 100+ nodes)
- Monitoring and ongoing management of clusters
- Deploy new releases of software into the cluster environment
- Manage storage systems available to the cluster (petabyte scale)
- Linux expertise
- Experience with deployment and configuration management automation
- Storage and data networking setup, monitoring, and management
- Fluent in English
- Application cluster management with Kubernetes
- Configuration management using Ansible, Puppet, or similar
- Experience with deploying Elixir/Erlang application releases