Manufacturing Production Supervisor Overview
The Manufacturing Production Supervisor will focus on efficiently managing department labor, raw goods, and process workflow with an emphasis on continuous improvement, human safety, food safety, and individual/team development & leadership. This role manages and handles ordering, process centerlines/CILs (clean-inspect-lubricate) on department equipment, scheduling and allocation of labor, and hiring/training associate teams.
This role will need to work from 3pm - 11pm CDT Monday - Friday with additional overtime and weekends as required.
- Ensures that appropriate staffing levels are maintained to handle business needs.
- Monitors capacity of teams and equipment. Advises on, and participates in the recruitment and interviewing of new staff.
- Ensures that teams are properly trained in all aspects of job performance, including safe use of equipment, food safety, NomNom team cultural norms, and efficient job performance. Provides feedback, coaching and discipline to associate level staff to enforce this training.
- Oversees use and care of department equipment. Provides CI (continuous improvement) support with regards to defect handling. Handles reporting on equipment performance, PCL determinations, and equipment capacity updates.
- Tracks usage of tools and raw goods to ensure proper stock for workflow at all times. Reorders and provides timely reorder alerts as necessary.
- Participates in facility-wide DDS (daily direction setting) meetings and a culture of CI.
- Receives orders and accurately manages inventory of raw goods, finished products, as well as small tools and equipment through inventory management software and spreadsheets
- Handles department-specific tasks. Provides interdepartmental support as needed.
- Any other function deemed necessary by business needs.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years management experience for teams.
- Background in packing, manufacturing, or food production (restaurant or industrial).
- Understanding of G Suite tools including Slides, Sheets, and Docs.
- Computer literate: capable of learning new programs and systems & communicating smoothly through various electronic messaging services.
- Good verbal and written communication skills (Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with co-workers and vendors).
- Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, maintain, and repair complex mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical components and systems.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and other shifts as needed.
- Able to work well independently, self motivated, and as a team member.
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position requiring heavy lifting up to 50 lbs carrying tools and supplies, kneeling, stooping, climbing, and standing on feet for long periods of time.
- Authorized to work in the United States.
Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, commuter assistance
- 401k plan with company match
- Discount on NomNomNow food and products for your pet
- Regular team building events
- Dog friendly office