Nomad eliminates friction from the long-term rental experience to unlock economic opportunity and make it better for everyone involved. Together, we’re taking on an enormous, undisrupted and fragmented market with a powerful platform providing property owners and their residents with the tools to make their experiences better than ever.
Our distinctive value proposition starts with the guaranteed rent offer (GRO) and technology for owners to track their portfolio and manage payments, documents and communications, but that’s just the beginning! We’re transforming the existing subpar solutions into the future of real estate and financial technology.
Backed by amazing investors, we’re building the team that will enable us to scale our platform and expand our product to markets nationwide. This will be a career-defining adventure!
Nomad is seeking an exceptional, motivated and passionate person to join our new Field Operations team in Raleigh, North Carolina. You will work to help us build the leading marketplace for long-term rentals in the US.
We are unlocking economic opportunity for property owners and residents. Our property owner customers don’t have to worry about painful, expensive vacancy costs again and experience the ease that comes from having an aligned partner. Our residents experience professionalism, thoughtfulness, and perks that make renting better than ever.
Nomad operates in the Denver and Phoenix-metro areas today, and we are expanding into Raleigh in early 2022. We are actively working to bring our product to additional markets nationwide and are backed by an amazing group of investors and strategic partners. Join us to build the future of real estate and financial technology. We can promise you this will be a career-defining adventure!
About the Role
Your primary responsibility is to work with our Field Ops teams (home assessments, leasing, and brokerage) to support them in the field with providing Nomad’s services to prospective customers, existing customers, and residents.
- Complete extremely detailed quality checks and ensure homes are the right fit for Nomad and perfect for move-ins
- Assist in the rent ready process, including making several types of minor home repairs, for properties that are going to be listed or have been rented and are ready to move in
- Deliver/pick up necessary keys, lockboxes, items, inventory from our office, or stores, to various Nomad properties throughout the Raleigh area
- Coordinate and execute showings with prospective residents including sharing the advantages of leasing Nomad properties
- Follow up with prospective residents who have attended showings to collect feedback and encourage to apply
- Meet vendors for inspection or maintenance appointments (e.g. cleaning, cable/utilities, painting)
- Strong communication skills, requires you to communicate between the Field Operations, Sales, Pricing, and other teams
- Develop positive relationships with homeowners, vendors, and others as a representative of Nomad
- Occasionally lift heavy items
Other things you’ll do...
- Help us improve systematically improve customer experience and process efficiency
- Be an owner and resident champion
- High school graduate, college degree preferred
- Have a clean driving record, a Driver’s License, and reliable vehicle with insurance (we reimburse for mileage)
- Experience in the building trades with a collection of basic tools and knowledge of use
- Quick learner with ability to adapt and take initiative in a high-level in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment
- Positive attitude, delivers on commitments, and enjoys working with a close-knit team
- Able to pick up technology quickly, ability to use a smartphone and apps to manage daily tasks and provide updates to the team
- Open to working some weekends and evenings
- Ability to self-manage and perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced, and rapidly changing environment
- Clear communication at all times, regardless of whether things are going right or wrong, must be able to update managers and escalate issues before they become a bigger deal
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to receive constructive criticism to improve skill sets and acknowledge mistakes so they're not repeated
- Ability to make sound ethical decisions. Integrity beyond reproach
- Strong desire to take ownership, build long-term relationships
- Bonus: North Carolina Real Estate License or willingness to obtain
Where you'll be
Beautiful Raleigh, North Carolina. You'll be a foundational member of our Raleigh team and help us to expand our offering to property owners across the US.
Nomads build community
One % better every day
Mission before ourselves
Act from ownership
Dream without boundaries
Our values shape the employee experience and our commitment to creating an inclusive workplace for all team members. We’re headquartered in beautiful Denver, Colorado and have an office in RiNo as well as team members in Phoenix and other cities around the US. At our Denver office, we’re also dog friendly. As you move through the interview process, if you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
We design our benefits in order to build an exceptional team invested in our collective, long-term success. We’re a startup and, as we achieve milestones, we evaluate our programs in order to continue to be competitive for our stage and for the talent we hope to bring onto our team.
- We’ve got you covered: Anthem medical plans as well as Guardian dental and vision insurance. We also provide life and short- and long-term disability coverage.
- We recognize the value of time away: You start off with 3 weeks of vacation, 5 paid sick days and 7 holidays. As your tenure increases, your vacation does too!
- We know it’s not always just about you: We offer up to 8 weeks of paid parental leave and a Dependent Care FSA.
- We balance the short and long-term incentives: We offer stock options to all full time employees and have a 401(k) plan so that you can contribute toward your retirement.
- You’re an important part of the Nomad team: We celebrate your anniversaries with the chance to vacation as a local–or global– Nomad. If you also become a customer, you get a discount on landlord services.
- We get you the tech you need to do your job: A laptop plus a small budget to ensure your setup is...set up!