Nomad Health is the first digital marketplace for healthcare jobs, efficiently connecting quality clinicians with rewarding career opportunities. Forbes recognized Nomad as one of the “Best Startup Employers”, Newsweek included Nomad on its "Most Loved Workplaces" list and Built In NYC named Nomad one of the “Best Mid-Sized Companies To Work For.” Our technology takes the busywork out of finding clinical work. We are a well-funded Series D startup backed by First Round Capital, RRE Ventures, .406 Ventures, Polaris Partners, Icon Ventures, Adams Street Partners, and Kevin Ryan (founder of MongoDB, Zola, Gilt, and DoubleClick).
The U.S. healthcare system is experiencing a staffing crisis. Employers spend $20 billion per year recruiting clinicians to care for the rapidly aging U.S. population. Nomad replaces antiquated staffing agencies with modern technology to efficiently source, qualify, and hire medical talent on demand. Clinicians find better jobs with higher pay. Employers fill roles faster with higher quality care.
Nomad is a fast growing team of technologists, creators, and industry experts passionate about modernizing healthcare staffing so clinicians can get back to the work they do best: caring for others.
What will you do at Nomad?
- Develop People strategy, solutions and strategic workforce plans to enable the business and functional strategy and objectives
- Act as an ambassador for our collaborative and innovative culture and strengthen all-team communication systems to help keep the team on the same page about our mission, vision, values, strategy, and performance
- Develop and define internal organizational policies that support employees well being, growth, and engagement; and ensure compliance
- Manage employee relations programs across all business units
- Oversee Talent Management and coach managers on succession planning, talent reviews, feedback, and terminations
- Provide expert guidance on employee relations, organizational design, and headcount planning as we rapidly scale our workforce.
- Design systems and processes to maximize our efficiency as our workflow volume increases and gains complexity
- Partner cross-functionally to implement process and program improvement initiatives.
- Facilitate change management; design and direct organizational design
- Partner with our team to advance Nomad’s Culture, Community, and DEIB initiatives
- Assist our Operations, Product, and Finance teams in managing the HR complexities of our hundreds (and soon thousands) of clinicians on assignment in health systems around the country.
Who are you?
- An approachable, receptive advocate for each of our employees and a go-to resource for HR issues
- 15+ years of HR experience
- 5+ years of experience managing a team
- Post-ipo experience preferred
- Ability to work with department leaders, and compliance, to develop and implement internal policies
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- A passion for developing HR metrics
- A team player who acts with high integrity, and professionalism
- Strong equity lens, with a focus on equitable decision-making processes
Nomad offers a fast-paced, supportive, diverse culture. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision plans, 401k matching, and a remote-friendly culture, including an annual stipend to kit out your home office.
Exciting challenges lie ahead. Join us! Let's get to work.