About Nomad Financial
Nomad Financial is a startup that provides finance and accounting services to other startups and high-growth companies. Our mission is to remove the financial friction of starting and running an early stage enterprise through interim CFO and financial services. We provide unparalleled financial insight that allows early stage companies to grow their businesses sustainably. In doing so, we lower company risk and help businesses identify opportunities.
About the Tailored Finance Group
The Tailored Finance Group (TFG) creates custom finance departments based on the needs of each individual organization, its leadership, and investors. The group helps clients create their finance department with best practices, including building a finance team, and improve operational and strategic decision making.
TFG typically starts working with clients during the due diligence phase of fundraising. Clients on minimum have raised $8-10MM with an average client raise of $20M.
Summary of Role:
The Associate Director provides management of daily accounting processes, financial reporting, and financial forecasting. The ideal candidate is well organized, possesses a strong attention to detail, and can thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This individual should be a self-starter, comfortable with owning projects from start to finish, and proactively providing insights to management.
- Direct and oversee all accounting functions
- Manage monthly close processes for all entities, including but not limited to general ledger review, journal preparations, and analysis and reconciliation of P&L and Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage cash flow reporting, including future projections, and oversee A/P and A/R activity
- Implement system improvements where necessary
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting package, including financial statements, KPIs, and metric dashboards
- Assist in creating investor & Board of Director presentations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and a CPA strongly preferred
- At least 5-8 years of related experience
- [Public] Audit experience preferred
- Understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Proficient in QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel (including vlookups and pivot tables), Word and PowerPoint
- Experience with Netsuite, Bill.com, Intacct, and Expense softwares a plus.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive compensation package and generous PTO
- Health, vision, and dental insurance, commuter & gym perks, and discounts on thousands of retailers through our partnership program
- Unbeatable company culture in the startup space
- Early employee of a fast growing company
- Consult for Top Series A and Series B Startups in NYC!