Regional Sales Specialist (Remote - Boston, MA / North East territory)
Nodexus Inc. (www.nodexus.com) is a biotechnology company that develops tools to accelerate biological workflows and make them universally accessible. Nodexus recently closed a $30M Series A financing round in order to advance commercialization of its flagship NX One platform and is backed by leading life science venture capital firms (RA Capital and Section 32). The NX One leverages microfluidics to enable efficient, easy-to-use, and affordable cell isolation for the quickest growing sectors of biotechnology. For more information see http://www.nodexus.com
The NX One is launching soon and Nodexus is building a sales organization from the ground up. Reporting directly to a VP of Sales with decades of experience building and scaling a major laboratory tools organization, this is a rare opportunity to be one of the first Regional Sales hires at Nodexus and get a foot in the door as we prepare for aggressive growth. Beyond the attractive financial aspects of this opportunity, you also will see how innovative, accessible and affordable technology platforms are built while getting exposure to a well-funded, rapidly scaling organization. Within the North Eastern region, you will be partnering with scientists who are burdened with bottlenecks in their research and lack access to automated laboratory instruments. Your main job is to identify these people and organizations and help them solve these problems through the use of enabling research tools.
Do you love science but don’t want to be in the lab all the time? Do you thrive on working in an entrepreneurial, collegial team environment with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in an opportunity to accelerate your career trajectory? Are you a natural networker that thrives on building lasting relationships? You could be a great fit for our Regional Sales Specialists opportunity.
- Establish the territory and curate research solutions between Nodexus and our customers.
- Using existing research lists while also establishing your own leads, you will identify potential customers and actively reach out to establish contact.
- Participate in territory mapping, attending meetings, hosting seminars, and other activities that educate new people who could benefit from our help.
- You will use your networking savvy and other creative methods to identify stakeholders within the organization who would benefit from the solutions the NX One provides. You will effectively uncover customer pain points and convey how our technology can solve scientists’ problems.
- You will use your relationships to learn about customers' true needs, craft a value proposition, and provide solutions for them in the form of Nodexus’ instruments and consumables
- Negotiate and deliver solutions to customers in partnership with our VP Sales.
- Keep internal stakeholders updated on current opportunities, progression in the sales pipeline and estimates of when opportunities will be transferred to post-sales support.
Position Requirements and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cell/Molecular Biology (and/or a similarly relevant Scientific or Engineering field) 3-5 years sales experience.
- Demonstrate interpersonal savviness, thirst for results, the ability to collaborate, and the ability to apply strong business acumen when interfacing with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Top-tier verbal and written communication and presentation skills are a must.
Nice-to-have (but not required)
- PhD or Masters Degree in engineering or science
- Hands-on lab or engineering experience with Flow Cytometry, FACS, or cell sorting instruments
- Sales experience specifically with lab instrumentation
- Established contacts / relationships with biotechnology companies in your named territory.
- A desire to work with a highly accomplished team with a strong track record of success.
Location & working hours:
This role is remotely based and is focused on covering the Greater Boston Area and North East territory. This will require both virtual and in-person client visits to local biotechnology companies, academic centers, and clinical research facilities. This role will require on-site presence for training in our San Jose, CA offices with occasional on-going in-person visits to our headquarters to connect in-person with the team. We offer the flexibility to define your schedule within reasonable business hours.
- Comprehensive compensation package, which includes a commission/bonus program and stock options for all employees.
- Generous paid vacation time, in addition to company-observed holidays and floating holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with 3% employer contribution
- Fun work environment and career opportunities that come with a growing, well-funded, and promising startup.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. Nodexus requires employees to be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot, against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of such vaccination will be required as part of the hiring process. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We are not able to sponsor individuals for employment visas for this job. There is no relocation assistance offered at this time.
Pace - Working under tight deadlines
Pace - Requires occasional work outside of normal working hours
Pace - Requires adherence to numerical performance targets
Physical demands - Driving & Traveling to local sites
Physical demands - Speaking