NOCD is the #1 telehealth provider for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). OCD is one of the most severe, prevalent, and misunderstood mental health conditions. NOCD creates access to online therapy for people with OCD through our telehealth platform. In the NOCD app, members can quickly access and schedule live, face-to-face video therapy sessions with our national network of licensed therapists that specialize in Exposure and Response Prevention Therapy (ERP) - considered the "gold standard" in OCD treatment.
At NOCD, we help people reclaim their lives with clinically proven OCD treatment, by removing barriers to OCD care, and reducing the stigma associated with OCD. We’re changing the world and need other like-minded individuals to accelerate and expand our efforts.
About the Role
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for leading NOCD’s efforts to gather, process, and analyze operating and financial data in support of business needs. The Manager will work closely with stakeholders in all parts of the organization including clinic operations, Payer relations, consumer and business marketing, and finance & accounting. The Senior Financial Analyst will lead the process of standardizing financial reporting across departments, providing relevant financial information to make business decisions and accurately forecast the Company’s financial trajectory.
- Financial modeling:
- Build and maintain the Company’s 5yr financial model to support business planning, analysis, and fundraising efforts
- Understand and model the Company’s unit economics in support of internal and external pricing discussions.
- Market research:
- Research industry trends, economic outlook reports, and benchmarking studies to understand current and future trends for the healthcare industry and comparable companies
- Budgeting, Forecasting and Analysis:
- Support and assist in developing annual Budget and quarterly financial forecasts
- Understand input drivers and validate integrity of the reporting to influence strategic decision-making and planning
- Develop accurate, insightful, and timely monthly performance reporting of non-financial metrics
- Preparation, review and tracking monthly / quarterly actuals vs. budget, perform variance analysis against financial results and KPIs with emphasis on the story behind the numbers including potential risk mitigation options
- Leveraging efficient financial modeling techniques and systems to deliver monthly rolling forecast capabilities for the business
- Business Partnering / Cross-Functional Collaboration:
- Serve as a key finance business partner to departments and assist them in building out their models and analyses
- Assist in modeling the financial and operating impact of mergers and acquisitions
- Metrics & Benchmarking:
- Develop critical business insights around unit economic analysis
- Enhance and monitor metrics and against industry benchmarks / scorecards to give stakeholders guidance on performance
- Executive Presentation and reporting:
- Assist in developing and preparing monthly / quarterly materials and commentary for executive discussions and board decks
- Ad-Hoc Projects: Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis, modeling, and special projects
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Analytical mind with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High standards of ethics, with the ability to deal with confidential information using discretion and judgment
- Strong MS Excel skills
Required Education and Experience
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (i.e., Engineering, Math, Computer Science) or equivalent
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience, or master’s degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- MBA and/or Professional certification (CPA/CMA/Qualified Accounting certificate) + relevant experience
- Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e., SQL, Tableau, Cognos, BI), providing solutions based on results of ad hoc analyses to senior management for strategic decision-making
To be effective in this role, we expect:
- Collaboration –this individual must know how to collaborate with technical, clinical, operations, marketing and financial teammates to make great things happen.
- Leadership – inspires confidence or passion and motivates others.
- Ownership – owns the success of their organization and is dedicated to making success a reality.
- Entrepreneurship – wants to create a business and is prepared to “do what it takes” as an individual contributor and as a leader to make us successful.
- Passionate – stands behind the NOCD mission to restore hope for people with OCD through better awareness and treatment.
- Disciplined and organized – can establish and execute a process and plan.
- Creative thinker – can identify significant opportunities and develop ways to address them.
- Business acumen – can understand, model, and explain business models and ROI analyses.
- Personal integrity – has the ability to establish credibility with business and clinical leaders quickly and effectively.
- Web and or tech savvy – this is someone that is completely at home with technology in their work and day-to-day life.
- Exceptional people skills – is known for their ability to work effectively with various groups as they will be working closely with internal and external marketing, clinical, and business executives.
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills, with a strong customer service orientation.
- High standards of ethics, with the ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment.
NOCD is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. NOCD is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws. Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO); Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA).