Why work at Nobl9?
Now more than ever our lives depend on digital services and Nobl9 is on a mission to make them reliable and efficient. Our category-defining Service Level Objective (SLO) platform is gaining traction with many organizations that care about service excellence. If you like working on hard problems that can have a massive impact and want to join a fast-growing startup that is helping organizations improve the reliability of their software this is the place for you.
We operate in two locations, the US and Poland, with Poznań being the headquarters of our Engineering Team. As an expansion-stage startup, we’re in constant need of more fuel to grow faster - which is why we’re looking for new talents to join Nobl9!
Currently we’re on the lookout for an Infrastructure Engineer who’ll swell the ranks of our global Infrastructure Team. This role involves cooperation with our New York-based Principal Reliability Advocate - Alex Hidalgo, an SLO/SRE pioneer, and the author of “Implementing Service Level Objectives: A Practical Guide to SLIs, SLOs, and Error Budgets”.
Salary range for this position: 15 000 - 22 000 PLN net (B2B) / 13 000 - 18 000 PLN gross (employment).
In this role you will:
- Ensure the Nobl9’s platform meets reliability goals
- Improve release processes and increase their velocity
- Exercise bleeding-edge chaos engineering and experiment to improve resilience
- Own projects and run with them with minimal supervision, including collaboration with the engineering team
- Act as an escalation point for incidents
- Define our Infrastructure as Code
- Work in a friendly non-corporate atmosphere that prioritizes flexibility and autonomy over stiff procedures and fixed hierarchy
- Cooperate with a US-based management team boasting a proven record of building innovative products in the IT industry.
Here are the qualities we’d like you to possess:
- Extensive expertise as DevOps / Cloud Engineer or in related position
- Experience working with AWS and other cloud providers as well as container orchestrators like Kubernetes, Docker, ECS
- Good command of CI tools (e.g. Jenkins or GitHub Actions) and deployment pipelines
- Practical knowledge of programming in high-level languages (Go or Python will be a plus)
- Outstanding communication skills in both Polish and English
- Knowledge of security and compliance
- Problem-solving attitude
- Willingness to improve your skills
- Experience in incident response management will be a plus
- Experience working as a Site Reliability Engineer will be a big asset.
What we think you’ll like:
- Becoming a part of the team working on a product that makes a difference: an innovative Service Level Objectives (#SLOs) platform
- Thoughtful onboarding process during which you’ll get familiar with our internal processes, the way we work on our product, and the domain knowledge
- Guidance and mentoring by an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (your #Buddy) and Engineering Manager who’ll be more than happy to help you feel at home and support your personal growth
- Following tried and tested software development and product management processes
- Working in a friendly non-corporate atmosphere that prioritizes flexibility and autonomy over stiff procedures and fixed hierarchy
- Opportunity to hone your skills daily as Site Reliability Engineering (#SRE) is still gaining traction and there is so much more to learn about it
- Stock options
- Hybrid working model
- B2B: 20 paid days off + 5 paid sick days
- Competitive Referrals Policy (with a referral bonus of 8 000 PLN)
- Private health insurance
- Sports card
- Cozy and comfortable working space in the center of Poznań (Nowy Rynek).
What is Nobl9?
Nobl9, the software reliability platform, is in the noble pursuit of reliable software. We help software developers, DevOps practitioners, and reliability engineers deliver reliable features faster. Through software-defined Service Level Objectives (SLOs) we can help you link monitoring and other logging and tracing data to user happiness and business KPIs.
Nobl9 is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.