Nitricity is a startup addressing climate change, and we are looking for your help! We are innovating in an essential chemical industry that supports global food systems. The bedrock of modern agriculture is the production, distribution, and application of the essential nutrients found in fertilizers. However, nitrogen fertilizer is currently made in coal- and gas-fired facilities located hundreds to thousands of miles away from farmers who need it. The $120B industry is responsible for as much as 6% of global CO2eq emissions. Nitricity Inc. has developed a new technology that produces fertilizer using air, water, and renewable electricity (e.g., solar). Growers will have access to a more reliable, low cost, and environmentally friendly fertilizer supply. We are actively growing our team to help us turn this vision into a reality.
The Agronomist will be responsible for coordinating field trials on the West Coast to evaluate the performance of the company's fertilizers. This role will regularly communicate with partner organizations and farmers to identify needs and provide the required assistance. The Agronomist will become the company’s subject-matter expert in regard to plant nutrition, fertilizers, and agronomic research.
- Responsible for coordination and execution of field trials – location identification, trial planting, in-season trial maintenance, harvesting, data collation, data analysis, and reporting
- Develop and maintain relationships with current and future customers for product validation
- Develop and maintain relationships with researchers, crop advisors, and end-users to help steward company products
- Provide written agronomy research summaries that can be used to support product management, positioning, and training
- Understand West Coast cropping systems–especially California–from an agronomic, economic, and environmental perspective; and provide insights in regards to product-market fit.
- Be the trusted advisor and regional expert of the company while educating potential channel partners and farmers about company products
- Serve as the central point of contact for all interfaces with farmers
- Travel up to 50% of the time
Required and Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Agronomy or related disciplines with at least 5 years of field research experience or equivalent experience
- MS degree in Agronomy or related field is a plus
- Strong background in plant nutrition, fertilizers, and data analysis
- knowledge of nitrogen fertilizers and management is a plus
- Ability to present in customer field days and industry meetings
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Must be located in the west coast
- Comfortable working with minimum supervision
- Physically able to endure outdoor climates including hot and cold weather
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Parental leave
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 7 company holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Flexible on hybrid work
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 401(k) plan
Nitricity Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.