Nitricity is a startup addressing climate change, and we are looking for your help! We are innovating in an essential chemical industry that supports global food systems. The bedrock of modern agriculture is the production, distribution, and application of the essential nutrients found in fertilizers. However, nitrogen fertilizer is currently made in coal- and gas-fired facilities located hundreds to thousands of miles away from farmers who need it. The $120B industry is responsible for as much as 6% of global CO2eq emissions. Nitricity Inc. has developed a new technology that produces fertilizer using air, water, and renewable electricity (e.g., solar). Growers will have access to a more reliable, low cost, and environmentally friendly fertilizer supply. We are actively growing our team to help us turn this vision into a reality. .
The Senior Process Engineer will be part of Nitricity’s core product engineering team to develop Nitricity’s breakthrough renewable fertilizer production prototype systems into megawatt-scale chemical production facilities. This will entail working with a team of experts in chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineering to build a system and optimize a process that will revolutionize fertilizer. The Senior Process Engineer will report to Nitricity’s VP of Engineering and apply their engineering expertise to solve engineering roadblocks and accelerate development toward the commercial product.
- Develop, configure and optimize Nitricity’s industrial plasma-chemical fertilizer processes from inception through to start up and certification.
- Work with Nitricity-affiliated contractors and engineering firms to accelerate product and subsystem development.
- Assess, design, run, test and upgrade systems and processes. This will include assessment of work by third-party contractors and engineering firms.
- Develop best practices, routines and innovative solutions to improve production rates and quality of output. Provide process documentation, technical specifications, and operating instructions.
- Perform process simulations, risk assessments, and manage cost and time constraints.
- Work to provide a timely development of the scale-up of the system processes
- Train other process engineers in industrial process engineering.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Chemical Engineer degree B.S (M.S preferred)
- Experience developing large chemical processes
- Experience with industrial plasma, gas flow, and thermal management technologies
- Expertise with process simulation software tools, Pro Sim
- Work well in focused teams with multiple disciplines
- Versatility to thrive in a start-up environment
- Teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- Enthusiasm for high-impact, hard tech solutions
- Medical and dental insurance
- 3 weeks paid time off
- 7 company holidays and 2 floating holidays
- Competitive salary and equity package
- 401(k) plan
*Benefits are subject to change over time and may require employment in CA to be eligible
Nitricity’s headquarters are at 3450 3rd St., San Francisco, 94124 with quick access to downtown, the airport,Caltrain, and Interstate 280. Strict COVID-19 policies must be followed at all times.
Nitricity Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sex, genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. It also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics, or is associated with a person who has or is perceived as having any of those characteristics.