National Information Solutions Cooperative (NISC) is an information technology company that develops and supports software and hardware solutions for our Member/Owners who are primarily utility and telecommunications cooperatives and companies across the nation. NISC is an industry leader providing advanced, integrated IT solutions for consumer and subscriber billing, accounting, engineering and operations, as well as many other leading-edge IT solutions. NISC is ranked in ComputerWorld’s Best Places to Work survey for sixteen consecutive years and we are looking for qualified individuals to join our team.
As a key member of the Learning Center, the Senior Learning Content Specialist focuses primarily on working with Subject Matter Experts to design and develop course curriculum across multiple departments and divisions to support employees or Members learning the software solutions NISC provides as well as other content. You will develop content for online delivery and Help Centers including Articulate courses (Rise, Storyline), videos (Camtasia), and step-by-step documents.
- Analyze needs and scope learning solutions for an individual product and limited user roles, proposing strategies and methods that adhere to adult learning best practices, developing consensus for approach and estimating project requirements.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to gather content and context to ensure accuracy of resources.
- Design, write and develop learning resources that deliver accurate content that engages learners including but not limited to videos, graphics, audio, software simulations, instructor-led courses, assessments, job aids, workbooks and other learning materials.
- Test resources to ensure accurate operation, learner understanding, responsiveness, etc. and monitor participant evaluations and use, adjusting as necessary to improve resource effectiveness.
- Manage learning development projects: establishing timelines, communicating requirements, tracking status, proposing adjustments, if needed, and meeting project objectives and goals.
- Promote learning and exhibit passion and dedication to ongoing improvement and development of solutions and services to assist NISC employees and/or Members in learning NISC products and industries.
- Assist in developing and maintaining team procedures and processes for learning development, resource development and project management that emphasize accuracy, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Research, evaluate and recommend appropriate technology solutions to support learning solutions.
- May train or mentor others.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- 5+ years of related experience preferred, including experience in Articulate courses (Rise, Storyline), videos (Camtasia), and step-by-step documents.
- Working level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Moderate level knowledge of the Utility or Telecom industries.
- Working level knowledge in instructional design principles and adult learning best practices
- Developed learning resources in multiple delivery methods including online
- Proficiency in a variety of online and e-learning tools, including: simulation recording/editing, audio recording/editing, video creation/editing, graphics creation/editing, synchronous training tools etc.
- Strong writing skills and experience in technical and instructional writing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Moderate level knowledge in project management best practices and theory.
- Experience of complex work involving cross-divisional collaboration preferred.
- Moderate level research and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Strong ability to demonstrate initiative and accountability.
- Ability to travel as often as necessary to meet the goals and objectives of the position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business-related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.