This opening on our Operations team will support NISC’s Mapping & Staking software products focused on NISC’s GIS solutions. Our mapping products empower field technicians to easily update maps, staking sheets, and conduct equipment and location maintenance from a single interface. Our support specialists work closely with our members and software engineers to troubleshoot, research, and resolve issues within the software product.
What you will do as a Support Specialist
- Assist members in all aspects of application support for NISC’s Mapping & Staking products including troubleshooting, training, and research via phone, and email.
- Follow up on resolutions and serve as a liaison between our members and our software engineers
- Assist with software release processes and may be called upon to test the software or give feedback on the software design
- Communicate with development staff to convey customer feedback
- Perform either on-site or remote training to our members and prepare training materials. Travel may occasionally be required.
- Provide after-hours support via on-call phone support rotation
- Utilize your ArcGIS server/software skills
Previous customer support experience, especially experience providing customer service via phone, is desired for Support Specialists. Candidates with knowledge of ArcGIS and mapping experience are strongly preferred for this position. NISC’s Support teams display excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to develop relationships and support our members, the ability to teach others, and the ability to work in a team and independently. If you have previous experience with presentations or public speaking, that’s a plus!
Other desired qualifications
Experience in Geographic Information Systems strongly preferred.
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required. Degree in business or technical field preferred.
More about NISC And our Support Teams:
NISC specializes in developing and deploying software solutions for over 800+ utilities and telecoms across North America. We exist to serve our members and help them serve their communities through our innovative software products, services, and outstanding customer support.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the essential functions of this position, employees must be able to see and communicate. Employees are regularly required to maintain a stationary position, move, and operate computer keyboards or office equipment.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.