NISC is always seeking out talented software developers that are motivated, enjoy working with others and solving complex challenges. NISC specializes in developing and deploying enterprise level and customer facing software solutions for over 800+ utilities and telecoms across North America. Our mission is to deliver information technology solutions and services that are Member and Customer focused, quality driven and valued priced.
NISC is looking for passionate Java Developers to add to our Print Services team to push our Automated Billing Solutions to their fullest potential. This developer will work to build and support our Print Service solutions. This position will report to our office located in Lake Saint Louis, Missouri. Applicants need to be local to Lake Saint Louis, or willing to commute or relocate to this office location.
- Writing basic code for individual systems in the business
- Processing change requests to keep applications running well
- Performing basic requirements needed for the implementation of automated computer systems
- Using code libraries to simplify the writing of code
- Collaborate with software developers in the creation of programs to support the enterprise
- Ability fix basic errors in programs, systems and software
- Utilizing basic analytical skills when creating computer code
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
- Basic verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic level ability to organize and prioritize.
- Basic level ability to troubleshoot and assist in solving technical problems
- Basic level ability to make decisions involving little to no error or risk
- Basic level knowledge of business-related software applications and services.
- Basic level knowledge of NISC’s technology stacks.
- Basic level knowledge of the Utility and/or Telecom industries.
- High School Diploma or equivalency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science-related field or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.