Are you looking for a career that has an impact on a cooperative that is helping to provide power and communications to millions of homes across the country? Join our team as a Test Automation Developer to put your development skills, eye for detail and desire for quality excellence to the test a while helping NISC continue to remain a leader in technology and do things that matter!
- Develop, execute, revalidate, and maintain basic test automation scripts.
- Write automation tests that support behavior driven development.
- Validate automation tests by tracking quality metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test statuses
- Conduct test reporting and collaborate with project stakeholders, including development, to resolve identified issues
- Follow and modify test plans as needed
- Follow all established internal software development methodologies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to NISC’s Statement of Shared Values.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Preferred:
- 1-3 years’ experience with Software Test Automation.
- Ability to communicate programming concepts and patterns effectively to technical and non-technical people.
- Understanding of testing methodologies, functional testing and requirements testing, etc.
- Proficient with developing responsive content and working knowledge of web trends, architecture and deployment patterns.
- Comprehension of manual quality assurance testing.
- Experience with Git including branching/merging workflows.
- Experience with software management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc. in an Agile software development environment.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be self-motivating.
NISC’s Shared Values & Competencies:
- Integrity – We are committed to doing the right thing – always.
- Relationships – We are committed to building and preserving lasting relationships.
- Innovation – We promote the spirit of creativity and champion new ideas.
- Teamwork – We exemplify the cooperative spirit by working together.
- Empowerment – We believe individuals have the power to make a difference.
- Personal Development – We believe the free exchange of knowledge and information is absolutely necessary to the success of each individual and the organization.
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees must be able to see, speak, and hear, to operate computer keyboards or office equipment, and are required to stand, walk, and sit.
Management may modify this job description by assigning or reassigning duties and responsibilities at any time.