Who we are
Nirvana is on a mission to modernize commercial insurance and enable a safer world. Our technology platform delivers modern insurance & risk management to not only help our customers protect their businesses, but actually improve safety for everyone.
To start, we’re transforming the legacy, $750B+ commercial insurance industry through cutting-edge predictive models using real-time IoT data (~50B connected devices by 2030), automation to deliver instantaneous quotes & faster underwriting, & proactive, and data-driven insights to help customers prevent accidents.
Backed by top-tier VCs including General Catalyst & Lightspeed Ventures, Nirvana became the fastest insurtech EVER to launch in Jan 2022 and crossed >$10M run rate in under 6 months, more than 2x faster than best-in-class insurtechs. Our leadership team has helped scale multi-billion dollar companies from scratch including Samsara, Rubrik, Acko & Flexport, and includes industry veterans from Hiscox, AIG, The Hartford & RLI.
About the role
In this role, you’ll be a founding member of our People team and help build a world-class company culture and employee experience across our global, distributed team. You’ll work closely with our leadership and play a critical role in shaping our policies, programs & systems as we scale rapidly. You'll harness your foundation in a range of focus areas including compliance, compensation, benefits, performance reviews, DE&I and more.
This is a unique opportunity to have an outsized impact and grow rapidly in your career as we reimagine commercial insurance from the ground up!
Our team is spread across the Americas & India, with offices in San Francisco, CA, Columbus, OH and Bangalore, India. We’re open to candidates in any location.
What you’ll do
- Develop and implement policies, processes, systems and programs to deliver a best-in-class employee experience
- Oversee the administration of people programs including compensation, benefits, performance & recognition, onboarding, employee relations, compliance and more
- Evangelize our mission, vision & values, and drive initiatives to reinforce our culture
- Build trusted relationships with leaders by providing expertise and insights to help scale high impact teams
- Track industry trends and best-practices to continuously up-level our People function
- Extensive experience in People Ops / HR, ideally with some background working with global teams
- Strong communication skills, both written & verbal
- Highly organized & structured, able to drive complex projects independently and with delegation where appropriate
- Thorough critical thinker who isn’t afraid to make decisions
- Bias-to-action - you’re not afraid to get your hands dirty & stretch yourself
- Scrappy (and proud of it)
- Owner mentality - take accountability for your actions & results
- Successfully able to work in high-growth & ambiguous start-up environments
- Experience helping build high-performing distributed / remote teams is a plus
- Ideally loves dogs :)
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, dental & vision insurance, and wellness benefits
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO
- Work from home friendly & home office setup reimbursement