Nirrin’s delivers non-invasive, non-destructive, real-time and accurate monitoring of analytes within aqueous solutions e.g., culture media within a bioreactor. This enables improved process control and faster process development within the biopharma industry while reducing times to discovery and development within R&D across all life sciences. To that end, we leverage best-in-class near-infrared technology, innovative chemometric and analytical methods, and application-specific expertise to deliver effective, robust, simple-to-use solutions that are cost-effective, flexible and scalable to address dynamic customer needs.
About the role
NIRRIN is looking for a Mechanical Engineer who will work across our entire product lifecycle from prototyping initial product concepts to establishing final product specifications and design for manufacture.
Key engineering activities include:
- Designing housings for electronics, high precision optics and associated elements for robust and long-term operation.
- Designing interface modules to connect laser spectrometer probe and biopharma equipment.
- Working with hardware team to design robust systems for thermal control of solutions.
- Technical Bachelor’s or Master’s, with a focus on Mechanical Engineering or Product Design.
- 0-2 years of work experience, with a preference for candidates with hands-on technical experience and product development experience.
- Demonstrated strong ability designing with CAD tools e.g. SolidWorks
- Experience rapid-prototyping using multiple fabrication techniques including 3D printing/laser cutting/machining etc.
- Demonstrated strong academic ability
- Strong personal drive and ability to operate independently when needed.