Senior Research Associate (Neuronal Cell Biology)
About Nine Square Therapeutics:
Nine Square Therapeutics is a small biotech company founded by ATP Ventures together with leading scientists in the field of computational drug discovery and high content imaging. Our mission is to discover novel small molecule therapeutics treating Parkinson’s disease, ALS and related neurological disorders. Nine Square Therapeutics offers a dynamic start-up environment with a close-knit team of mission-driven professionals. We seek colleagues to push the boundaries of drug discovery and identify innovative solutions to challenging scientific problems.
As a Senior Research Associate in the Biology team your work will be central to the discovery and characterization of novel small molecule drugs targeting the brain. You will utilize your experience to support the establishment of core laboratory protocols and best practices and to execute critical in vitro experiments for several ongoing projects. As an early hire, you will help grow the company and its culture and your contributions will be key to the company’s success.
- Work with our team of scientists to develop new assays and test compounds, including design, execution and troubleshooting of experiments, as well as data analysis and management
- Manage core lab functions, such as inventory and instrument maintenance
- Master’s degree with at least 2 years of hands-on laboratory experience or bachelor’s with a minimum of 4 years of experience
- Tissue culture experience is required; Experience with neuronal cultures (e.g. primary neurons or iPSCs) would be a plus
- Relevant experience with drug discovery and compound testing using cell-based functional and structural assessments, such as immunoassays, RT-PCR, immunocytochemistry and imaging
- Candidates familiar with immunoassays and small molecule characterization will be regarded favorably
- Working both independently and as part of a team are required
- Strong oral and written communication skills and a drive to learn and to proactively contribute ideas to push our research to the next stage